PDA

View Full Version : Broccoli plant 3d model

kvor
04-23-2012, 02:04 PM
Good day to everyone! I'm quite new on this forum.

I need to make a 3d-model of Broccoli vegetable, just like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/03/Broccoli_and_cross_section_edit.jpg

The main problem is to make broccoli-flowers by geometry. No texture, no displacement needed.

I know there's a good plugin like Grow-FX, but maybe there's another way to make it? Maybe just an idea... I'm quite familiar with polygons.

Is anyone could help me?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my English.

Max.

babdaddy
08-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Hello,

Maybe you can try to create the all shape and then emit particles(disable the speed) on that shape wich represent where the "broccoli-flowers" are. Once you have particles in the shape you just have to instance a mesh already created of a flower. You will see the flowers on the position of your particles (for this exemple you would probably need to emit a lot of particles)

If you can try houdini use a scatter node in the shape then you will have a really nice control on how to place these flowers.

I hope you understood something

André

CHRiTTeR
08-12-2012, 02:39 PM
You could try going the fractal modeling way.

I've seen many fractal objects that look pretty much like broccoli.

CGTalk Moderation
08-12-2012, 02:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.