PDA

View Full Version : hi all...ur opinion

LW-3D-Demon
11-21-2003, 10:42 PM
hi guys,

i am new on this forum allthough i am into 3d about 3 years. i was playing around with lightwave and did some stuff but i tried or prevented myself from modeling characters. well then i thought i ll try a simple head. i got the tutorial DVD from carnera3d. well look for urself what i did within 2 hours. u dont need to tell me what i could do let it look better. i want to encourage all of u who dont know how to model a character to buy that cd... its just f*ckin awsome. here is what i got after watching the dvd and 2 hours of modeling later. thx anyway for any comment

if u wanna see more stuff i did, pls visit my website... have fun and happy rendering

http://www.universe-3d.com\pics\mark.jpg

SplineGod
11-22-2003, 03:25 AM
Pretty good! :)
The flow around the face is decent and the proportions look good too. I woud tweak the ear some, it looks like it should be moved back a bit towards the back of the head and maybe a bit bigger.
I would also beef up the lower lip.
Good going though. :)

chikega
11-22-2003, 04:27 AM
I take it you watched it with the German sound track. I have the DVD as well and it's always interesting to see how someone else tackles a modeling project. Probably one of the nicely produced DVD's ... very slick, high production value.

private
11-22-2003, 05:41 AM
Two areas where I see it might be better to modify are those polygons all pointing to one point, the six point share, or however people put it. There is one right the furrow on the brow and one right under the nose. I also thing the jaw line looks a little funny. Despite these comments, are really clean and efficient use of polygons.:thumbsup:

onlooker
01-27-2004, 12:35 AM
Are any of you from the US? If so how long did it take for the DVD to arrive?

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.