PDA

View Full Version : CG Student Showreel 2012

sooka
04-20-2012, 01:16 AM
This my reel! I am studing in Turin computer graphics and I am at the second year of the master.

I have made it to participate at a internship program in the UK!

I hope you can enjoy it, you also can bring constructive critiques, but the thing that I am hoping most is to enter in a internship or a job in uk or us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j94dhQ9iJAI&context=C4b98dc3ADvjVQa1PpcFNs3OMNQ7vPct0liFyoqsuamMpfFoxsGtE=

m1k3st3r
04-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Hi Sooka!

I'm surprised that no one has commented on this yet, perhaps the word student scared them away. I like what you've done here! For me, your best work was the blue orbs with the car. I would have probably opened with that and keep the music flowing through the entire reel. Then I would have gone into the Love Truck scene second and the Human Face last. I don't think the airplane was quite up to the same level as the other 3 but that's entirely up to you! Good job!

sooka
04-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Hi Sooka!

I'm surprised that no one has commented on this yet, perhaps the word student scared them away. I like what you've done here! For me, your best work was the blue orbs with the car. I would have probably opened with that and keep the music flowing through the entire reel. Then I would have gone into the Love Truck scene second and the Human Face last. I don't think the airplane was quite up to the same level as the other 3 but that's entirely up to you! Good job!

Thank you for you reply and your suggestions! Probably I did not have to put the student word in the title of the post!

I know that I have to put the music in all the reel, it is the next thing I will doing! But for the first things that I need it was asked to not put a bacground music.

I don't know why you are telling me that the ball one is the best work, because I think it is not well rendered and it has a lot of problems (and also the suggestion of my teacher was to cut it and let just the 2 sequences with the breakdown).

The comp of Love Truck I think is good, but is just a compositing exercise, it has not a lot of 3d and it dows not convince me too much, I think in the second place is ok, like you said!

About the face I don't know, I think that is the most powerful 3d work in my reel, with a lot of stuffs, like mental ray production shaders, lens shaders, sss, mia, displacement and other stuffs. For this reason I put it first!

The airplane I think is my fault, because I worked really a lot on it, but it is a old project and it is not at the level, another time like you said!

The only thing that I really do not understand is why you said that the balls are the best..

sooka
04-21-2012, 07:35 PM
I forget one thing, do you think that I have to put some works from my 2011 reel in this one?

http://vimeo.com/20269631

The thing that I not yet understood is that I have to try entering somewhere like a 3D generalist, a Compositor or something else...

sooka
04-28-2012, 11:51 AM
No new suggestion from anyone?

CGTalk Moderation
04-28-2012, 11:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.