PDA

View Full Version : Encore Hollywood Births Ox Alien

PokeChop
11-21-2003, 09:32 PM
"Encore Hollywood oversaw the birth of a bouncing baby alien boy in providing animation and visual effects services for Fox Home Entertainment on Alien 3 for the Alien Quadrilogy, the nine disc boxed set, which arrives on December 2nd."

http://www.digitalproducer.com/2003/11_nov/news/11_17/encore1121.htm

malducin
11-21-2003, 11:44 PM
Interesting. I guess this is for the special edition version of Alien 3, as I believe on that set they are including both original versions and directors cuts of the films (though I think Fincher was the only one who didn't participate).

I wonder why they had to do that anyways. As far as I know the Ox scene was actually shot, but then changed much later to a reshoot now involving the dog. Maybe it wsa partially shot?

I also don't know why so much emphasis on the reference. After all there is a good shot of the newborn in the dog birth sequence, while there is quite a few reference shots of how Boss handled both walking and running. Oh well, looks interesting.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.