PDA

View Full Version : Problem on the checkbox to send artwork to CG Talk

isissousa
04-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Hi guys :)

I have been trying for some days, to submit my new painting to the CG Talk forums. All is fine, until I check the little box to submit it. Then, after the box is checked and I click on the "Submit image" button, nothing happens. Absolutely nothing. The page doesn't load, there's no error message, nothing. The image doesn't even save to my portfolio...

I have tried it several times, in different days, I have tried from both my pc and my lap top, and in the latest IE and Firefox. It's the same problem.

So, anyone knows what could it be? :P Cheers!

isissousa
04-17-2012, 08:23 AM
Just tested on Opera, and it's the same thing. It's like the submit button died!

Kirt
04-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Please, verify that all fields are filled out and that your image is below the maximum sizes (dimension and file size). It'll sometimes do this when the image is too big.

isissousa
04-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Hi Kirt! Thanks for your reply!

I don't think it's about the file size, (it had happened once because of the file size, but then we get a message in red color, bellow the image field alerting about it).

I also found out, that when I "uncheck" the box, then the button works, and the art is submitted only to my gallery. So, it's a sort of an odd thing: when I check the box, I can't submit the art neither to my gallery nor the forums, and if I uncheck it, it works just as fine :(

This way, I can't send pieces to the forums.

And the same happens in 3 browsers. The latest submitted image to my portfolio is exactly the one I have been trying to submit to the CG Talk.

As you, it's no problem (when I don't check the box) to have it my gallery :S

pokoy
04-17-2012, 02:23 PM
I noticed the same some days ago but in my case it saved, it just took some time, 5-10 minutes maybe (with Opera, too).

isissousa
04-17-2012, 04:17 PM
I noticed the same some days ago but in my case it saved, it just took some time, 5-10 minutes maybe (with Opera, too).

Hi Marcin :) Thanks for sharing! Didn't know other people had this same problem! Wow 5-10 min. is an eternity, when it comes to uploading an image to the CG Gallery :P I may keep trying (and wait and see what happens) :) Cheers!

isissousa
04-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Ok, The "submit image" button is working today! :) I have done nothing different this time, but it behaved normal, as it should :D Yeah!

CGTalk Moderation
04-18-2012, 10:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.