PDA

View Full Version : Please Help..Ocean Flood in bedroom

nineanu
11-21-2003, 03:26 PM
Now.I create shot with the ocean flood in the bedroom but I found problem with the ocean can't affect with the furniture ( bed cabinet ect.).I try to use MotionDesign and Realwave but they don't work. Please suggest me
Excuse my english:blush:

scotttygett
11-22-2003, 07:21 AM
I am unfamiliar with those programs, they sound like what the big boys use.

This has "texture displacement" [Edit: "Texture Motion"] written all over it. You may want to read up on it. That's basically where the texture for the ocean is applied to paths of other objects, I think. There is a sample scene in the inventory with a tire, you may want to try loading it into the Scene you've got...

I think there's also a trick where a single particle does the same thing.

Rotation may require a targetted bone, but that's a guess.

Hopefully someone with more experience in FX will answer soon.

SplineGod
11-22-2003, 08:00 AM
Do you want the water to interact with the furniture or not interact?

nineanu
11-22-2003, 08:43 AM
I'm serious with the dynamic of the ocean when impact the wall and funiture more... I plan to animate furniture with myself.

SplineGod
11-22-2003, 08:49 AM
You can use Motion Designer. Just make the furniture collison objects.

nineanu
11-22-2003, 08:51 AM
and When the water cash with themself, have anyway to create water spalsh?? Thank

nineanu
11-22-2003, 08:57 AM
I done with MD already but I can't setting good enough .It look like jelly. and it can't dynamic with my wall.

SplineGod
11-22-2003, 09:14 AM
Myself, I would probably animate the ocean with displacement maps, fake the collisions with the walls and furniture with localized displacement maps and color maps. The splashes could be done with particle emitters set to emit when the displaced ocean object collides with them.

jezsmed
11-23-2003, 10:23 PM
RealFlow 2.5 can produce great results, depending what detail you want (and how much time you have)
I setup a very quick test last night to show the fluid dynamics and hard-body dynamics. There are a few problems with my quick test (particularly with the render) but you should get the idea.

I hope this link works as I have never tried to post files.

Edit: Unfortunately, I have had to link to a temporary website that then links to my video - it's a yahoo thing.

DivX 5.1.1 Flood-test.avi (266K) (http://www.geocities.com/jezsmed/testvideos.html)

Regards,
Jez

kretin
11-24-2003, 01:34 AM
Realwave supports objects both affecting and being affected by the water. It also can create particle splashes based on object/water collision.

nineanu
11-24-2003, 03:27 PM
Thank you very much. Real flow is my answer but I never use it. Please Please Please teach me.....jezsmed

jezsmed
11-24-2003, 09:19 PM
Firstly, go to www.nextlimit.com (http://www.nextlimit.com) and grab a copy of the demo, LW plugins, and documentation. Watch the few training videos (they are working on producing more)

RealFlow is a proper fluid dynamics engine so requires physically acurate modelling and models can only contain traingles so you need to triple LW objects before using them within RF.

I am not sure what you can actually do with the demo (might have limits on saving/number of particles) but thw workflow would be somthing like:

1. Model scene in simplistic form using acurate measurements and solid objects
2. Setup scene in Layout (be carefull not to change pivot points in objects - it can mess up the import after RF.
3. Install nextlimit.p to Lightwave.
4. Save scene and add the master plugin NextLimit_SD_Export.
5. Within the plugin, select save all (and vertex all if you are deforming objects in the scene using LW), select an output file and click on Save SD.
6. Load RF and create a new project. Choose File->Import->Import SD scene
7. Add required fluid emitter, position within scene, add daemons (typically gravity). Use the scene tree to add all to the fluid.
8. Use Export Central (the disk icon) to set where to save the dynamics and fluid data.
9. Save project within RF
10. Hit action and watch in amazement as it calculates your scene (could take quite a while!)
11. Save project again within RF (keeps links to saved dynamics etc.)
12. Load LW and your scene. Add Null object. Add deformation plugin NextLimit Particles and point to saved binary fluid data from RF
13. Use master plugin NextLimit_SD_Import to import any dynamics motion back onto your objects.
14. Configure LW to render your particles (probably with Hypervoxels) and render.

Of course, RealFlow can also generate a mesh from the fluids which can then be used as an object sequence within LW.

Have fun!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.