PDA

View Full Version : Camera animation (turntable) with HDRI and GI

bjorn.syse
04-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to do a camera animation, a 360 degree turntable using GI with a HDRI as lighting. I'm trying out the IR+QMC (Camera Animation) but get very varying results.

If I render a long seqeunce of images, let's say all 300 frames - I get very moderate GI results with spots and such. I'm using the irradiance cache.

However, if I change nothing but the sequence and limit my render to around 20,30 frames - renders look very good. Also, I flushed the cache inbetween the tests.

What could be going on here? I change nothing except the numer of frames I launch the render for.

Should I use this GI mode for a turntable? or do I have to use sky sampler?

Best regards

- Björn

LucentDreams
05-04-2012, 12:14 AM
Are you spinning the object or the Camera? For a turn around if it is the camera that is moving, even camera animation mode is a waste, just bake the objects textures and it will render in essentially realtime.

bjorn.syse
05-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi,

Yes, I'm only spinning the camera. I'm not sure what you mean by baking the texture, could you please elaborate?

It seems that when I use the sky sampler, everything looks good.

Regards

- björn

CGTalk Moderation
05-08-2012, 11:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.