PDA

View Full Version : Escape Studios

tinytimw52
04-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Hi everyone just curious if anyone knew anything about the Escape Studios online course,

http://www.escapestudios.com/visual-effects-VFX-course/

Was your experience positive? and would you recommend it?

Thanks,

Tim

rendermyselfuseful
04-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Hi Tim,

I don't know if this is going to be useful or not, but I am currently doing the online mentored VFX course with Escape.

So far I have found the experience to be positive, but I'm only at week 13 out of 38.

If you are interested, I am writing a semi-blog on my experiences and to keep track of my progress. rmsu.blogspot.com.es

Good luck with finding a course!

tinytimw52
04-20-2012, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the response! I enjoyed reading your blog, but I am not sure if I want to do that or animation mentor, 2 different things I guess.

bujin9
05-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi Tim,
I did the mentored 38week course. It was difficult but I learned a lot. I really didn't know Maya going in that well so I kinda feel that was a set back for me. They stress realism. The way it works is you watch the online vids and do the assignment at the end of each week. The only bummer is cost....but I guess it's competitive with other online schools.
I did Animation Mentor too.....again, another school with lots of work but huge payback in the way of knowledge. In all honesty, I havent found much work in the northeast region for character animation. Every once in a while something pops up but I imagine when a posting does go up, there's probably hundreds of applicants so your game has got to be really good.
Anyways, I was really impressed with both schools and was considering in fact on taking Escapes online Compositing course (just deciding on whether to spend the extra cash again).
As a side note, I'm currently just passing my 1st year of Full Sails online computer anim course. I took it for the B.A. My opinion (for what it's worth) is don't waste your time. I'm considering dropping it even though I'm half way thru. I find zero teaching....it's all vid tutorials, a huge amount of work and what I consider to be a petty grading system (ie...if your naming convention is wrong like forgetting to capitalize a letter on your project submission, you don't get a grade). Plus, the teachers rarely give feedback during the week on your stuff. Mostly its some studio artist or assistant. I recently asked the teacher to give me an idea of how I'm doing and she refused to provide me with an answer (no exaggeration). She did say to remember to submit my stuff to the online sharing system for student critiques (we..the students crit each other stuff during the week). Maybe I should give my tuition to the students.
Good luck on the other schools though...both are winners.
J

DaPerPT
07-14-2012, 12:27 PM
:) I would totally go If I could. I heard a lot of good things about them.

CGTalk Moderation
07-14-2012, 12:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.