PDA

View Full Version : How to keep fire on a moving object

mayastro
04-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Hey guys, I basically have a smoke simulation with a material and textures to make it look like fire and smoke. And it's emitting from a sphere. I can move the sphere or move the fire, but I'm wondering if there's an easy way of making it so that if you move one, the other stays with it automatically.

I know this is a really noobish question, but I've only been using blender for about a month so I need some help.

thanks.

mayastro
04-13-2012, 01:09 AM
I should note that I already tried making an animation by selecting both of them and setting them to follow a path. I just wanted to know if there's a better way to make it so you only have to select one to move both.

ChukChuk
04-13-2012, 08:53 AM
I've not really used simulations before so i don't know if this will work but have you tryed parenting them, to the same empty.

mayastro
04-15-2012, 05:04 AM
I actually found a really great tutorial that helped me alot.

If anyone is interested:
http://cgcookie.com/blender/2012/03/16/creating-a-rocket-with-a-smoke-trail-in-blender/

CGTalk Moderation
04-15-2012, 05:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.