PDA

View Full Version : Character: Facial Animation

MonkeyJunk2003
11-21-2003, 07:51 AM
f

Volker
11-21-2003, 05:22 PM
Well MonkeyJunk, you've got a good start. I'd say the main thing right now is that the eyes don't match the audio. Most of the time the lids are so low that he looks real sleepy and drunk. There aren't really any quick movements either, which make them look very floaty. Eyes usually move in quick darts. I'd say your having a hard time matching the eyes to the rest of the face. Keep working on it though. Act out the diolauge in front of a mirror, or watch the video clip, and see what Jim does with his eyes. As far as the lips go, most of them look a frame ahead of the audio. Usually when synching up audio, you should animate one frame behind the actually waveform. It makes it easier for our eyes to match the two. Keep on work'n!

~Zach

MonkeyJunk2003
11-21-2003, 07:47 PM
I appreciate your input, and the lips being a frame ahead is something I noticed before, your right he looks sleepy, becuase he is sleepy, the eyelids move slowly, and the eyes do so as well, that was the whole thing I was going for there...

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.