PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer Image Problems

andym2001ok
11-20-2003, 11:41 PM
hey guys,

For some reason all of a sudden everytime I try to view an image that has its own page ie. thesite.com/image.jpg the image comes up as the old red x. It happens everywhere, here, deviantART, any place with images on their own pages.

Anyway I searched Microsofts knowlege base and found something on it. I followed their directs and its still not working. It worked once and for some reason came back again. Please help guys I cant view most of the great artwork here at CGTalk!

-Thanks In Advance

singularity2006
11-21-2003, 03:38 AM
only thing I can think of is someone on ur network has activated some sort of proxy or filtering to prevent users from gaining full net access.

andym2001ok
11-21-2003, 08:43 PM
yah it make sense but Im not on a network. Ill check my administrative properties and see if there is anything abnormal.

andym2001ok
11-21-2003, 09:04 PM
No need to comment anymore!
I fixed it!

It turns out that a stupid Java Applet (Sun Java) wouldnt let images with the image as an address heading be shown. So i deleted it and it works now!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.