PDA

View Full Version : 2D Mockup: Zombie Office

AdamAtomic
11-20-2003, 10:17 PM
This is a picture i made for my dadders for his birthday - used lots of refs to make sure it properly resembled his Arizona office building:

http://bombshelter.ghostopsmod.com/pics/mockup.jpg

It was also a good chance to practice my pixel skillz (or lack thereof) - any feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

kotter
11-21-2003, 08:38 AM
hehe...
Only crit's that you cused the same zombie over and over.
The reslt would be much better imo if you took the time and drew a couple of more zombies, or the same but in another pose.

Artician
11-21-2003, 08:51 AM
This looks really funny. I laughed out loud when I saw them, plus the concept (zombie office workers... any different than real office workers?) Hehe.

This is just begging to be made into a game. If you have the resources I suggest you go for it, would win an audience from the humor alone.

As for critiquing, because of the style, it looks more or less like you intended it to look like an oldschool 2D title. There's not much else to say. I agree with the above poster in that you may want to use some variation in the zombies, but they could easily pass as the next worst thing than office zombies; office zombie *clones*.

Ooohh... <shudder>...

I hope you take this somewhere. I like the humor.

Prs-Phil
11-21-2003, 10:46 AM
woha ... old/new(javagame) style

Looks really cool
except the copyed zombies (like said before :) )

AdamAtomic
11-21-2003, 04:09 PM
thx for the crits mates - yeah I am like 2 weeks late getting this thing finished as is, so multiple zombies are (right now) unfortunately out of the question. If I have more time in a couple of months I may animate Mr. Office Zombie and see how he turns out. I'm glad that you guys picked up on the humor and mild satire, I miss the side-scrollers that were not just fun but funny too (Lost Vikings, Lemmings, etc).

kleinluka
11-21-2003, 09:09 PM
haha that's funny. how did your dad react to this....kind of unusual birthday present? :D

nullUser
11-25-2003, 02:14 AM
ha, love it. real retro style.

if its for your dad you could draw him as a character maybee.

i thought the plant sprite needs some work, but i dunno.

mayb using different colours for the landscape outside the window so it is less similar to the colours u used for the decor, although one good thing with it at the 'mo is that the windows don't stand out too much.

basement looks a bit drab to me, prehaps another type of box.

i love it how each floor has one unique sprite (watercooler, desk and vending machine).

yeah, i agree with the crits about the zombies, if they were in a less radical pose it could work, but as this extreem pose for each zombie does strike you a bit.

As I write this I am also drawing a picture for my folks for christmas which I havn't done since I was 10.

Bonsai
11-25-2003, 06:25 AM
Hehe ... looks like the good old " Elevator Action " ... :) ...

Howard Day
11-25-2003, 06:34 PM
Nice! this has a real, sim-city feel to it. Great job!

Confracto
11-25-2003, 06:48 PM
you need a few zombies standing around the water cooler!

very cool looking.

AdamAtomic
11-26-2003, 12:46 AM
haha - water cooler zombies would be great :) thanks for the feedback guys - it is a slightly odd present to give, but I'm tired of picking out CDs or stuff from the hardware store and make something a little more personal and personalized. I think you're right about the windows, they don't stand out as much as they could, and more sprite variety would definitely help, but I only had so much time to put this together. Thanks again for the comments!

Neox
11-26-2003, 10:10 PM
nice work so far, maybe you could dither the gradients more to create a smoother look :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.