PDA

View Full Version : Create a dynamic mesh between 2 helpers.

TomDeVis
04-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Hello all,

I'm trying to create a hose between 2 helpers. Does anyone know how to do this?
There is an option to enable the picking of the points, but I can't find any way how to actually pick the top/bottom meshes (or begin / end).

The same problem arises with the Spring Primitive.

Or is there an other alternative to create a dynamic object between two helpers?
(with dynamic I mean it should follow the helpers when they are moved)

I hope anyone can help me with this.

Greetings,
Tom

mrfred
04-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Dont know if you really want to script that but its fairly easy to do with rigging. You could use that as a start and script the process.

without using script you can either:

-use bones and skin pos. constraint 1 bone on obj1 and pos constraint the nub on obj2 add a lookat on the bone to look at obj2... use skin on the mesh

or
-Select poly/verts or whatever -> linked X form to obj1... add an edit poly or select polys and linked X form to obj2

or
-Skin verts/line on the corresponding dummy

denisT
04-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Or is there an other alternative to create a dynamic object between two helpers?
(with dynamic I mean it should follow the helpers when they are moved)

as i understood the dynamic object has not to deform, it has to get average position and rotation of to target objects. right? if so it's a simple position and orientation constraints between to targets with 50/50 weights.

TomDeVis
04-05-2012, 07:10 AM
@mrfred: I've been thinking of creating it with an editable spline converted to an edit poly and using a linked xform. But actually never thought of trying it without converting it.

The reason I'm willing to do this through scripting is that there must be create over 100 hoses/spines.

@DenisT: No the dummies will be moved so the meshes created mus be deformed.

CGTalk Moderation
04-05-2012, 07:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.