PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted Forest - 2dChar/Environment - Jake

Jake
06-11-2002, 11:58 PM
Well I got a late start on this one, but seeing the great work here inspired me to enter something. My idea is kind of a distorted Little Red Riding Hood motif. Here is the rough sketch I've done so far.

Jake
06-12-2002, 12:48 AM
Here's an update.

Jake
06-13-2002, 02:11 AM
Yet another update. Comments?

Jake
06-13-2002, 02:22 AM
technical difficulties. Let's try that again.

wildsheepchase
06-13-2002, 04:59 AM
I like it. The composition is very centered and symmetrical...are you going to be adding more elements to the picture? Maybe the wolf? It'll be interesting to see this develop:thumbsup:

Jake
06-14-2002, 03:20 AM
Still a long way to go, but this is closer to what I have in mind.

Tommy Lee
06-14-2002, 03:37 AM
Damn man, thats going bad...I luv it!!!
A little crit: I donīt like that dry brushstrokes on the wolf, it doesnt fit the picturestyle.I also think the girl is now to washed out, liked the one befor more. There was more contrast to the devlish fire in the back... but thats my suggestion.

Good work so far:thumbsup:

Now there are three artists with a similar style:bounce:

Check out sleeplessīpic and mine:beer:

Cheerz

Tommy Lee:twisted:

Sangotten
06-14-2002, 11:39 AM
Hey that's pretty cool!!!!!

I love the girl standing there but I think the creature that stands behind her needs a lot of work or doesn't fit in the scene...
Maybe extending the forrest might make the creature not needed for the composition...

Anyway keep it coming!!!

Jake
06-14-2002, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the comments people!

Tommy:
I know what you mean about the brushstrokes. I'm expecting to layer things a lot more before I'm finished so that it won't be so obvious. Part of the problem is that I haven't used Painter all that much and I'm struggling with it to get what I want.
I will also being working on the girl a lot more. I'm still trying to make some decisions about the basic color scheme.

Sangotten:
The creature definitely needs a lot of work. Originally, I was going to have it be translucent and spiritlike. That didn't work out so I'm going for a more solid look. I think it looks out of place at the moment because the sketch lines are still visible and the brush strokes haven't been blended in. I'm going to keep at it and see how things go.

I'll do another update tonight after I get home from work, so please check back.

Jake
06-15-2002, 03:02 AM
Well, at this point I've worked on everything except the girl. I'll start on her next. I'm having trouble with the contrast of the image--I use my computer to paint on and someone else's to post online. On my pc, the image is a lot brighter. The image on the computer I use to post is very dark and contrasty. I don't know which version is closer to what people are seeing online.

Tommy Lee
06-15-2002, 05:41 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Yeah, man,..thats it. U are on the right way to frighten me:thumbsup:

I am watching whats coming.

Keep on

Tommy Lee

Jake
06-16-2002, 05:12 AM
Another update. I started working more on the girl.

Tommy Lee
06-16-2002, 03:58 PM
Looks great, but do some highlightning on her hair and the cappy(spelling?). Now it looks like she has none of both.

Go,go,go!!!!:thumbsup:

dmulhern
06-21-2002, 10:18 PM
dude, jake.. you're completely freaking everyone out. Make the next image a little less scary. Add a butterfly or something. Then make the dragon smile at the butterfly. And make the girl put a bow in her hair. And make it a beautiful blue sky.

Then I wont have nightmares.

JacobB
06-24-2002, 05:29 PM
hey, that's my kittie:scream:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.