PDA

View Full Version : SCAD or RIT for MFA in Animation ?

Dhaneesh
03-31-2012, 06:28 PM
Hi Guys,

I am quite new to this forum. Seems like an active and interesting space for some valuable insights.. I hope you guys can help me out in clearing my confusion regarding choosing a graduate school for animation.

I have received admission offers from USC, RIT and waiting to hear from SCAD for MFA in animation. Let me come straight to the point, USC is out of question since they are not offering me any scholarship which makes it extremely expensive.

Now I am left with RIT ( have received some scholarship )and SCAD.. Here comes the dilemma in choosing between these two schools.. Someone Suggested me that RIT, according to her RIT is really good with their 3D curriculum and focus on the full production of a film and also it seems their core attention is story telling. another advantage would be that it is closer to NY and Boston. But I have not seen that great from RIT yet, not that I have seen all the student work from RIT. So I really cant comment on that

On the other hand SCAD also seems like a good school, but I heard not so good review from a faculty who left the school recently. I also heard some of the students (friends of a friend) had serious problems in good placements after passing out. should i be worried about that?

Basically I am hearing a lot of pros and cons about both these schools, It will be of a great help if some one could help me out here with some insider insights. I would like to attend 3D animation and also would like to look in to Stopmotion if possible..

Hope to hear a lot of valuable insights on both RIT and SCAD 's MFA program.

Cheers,

CGTalk Moderation
03-31-2012, 06:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.