PDA

View Full Version : Scene: THE RING!!!

hordePrime
11-20-2003, 04:48 PM
Hello all. I recently completed this 3d render depicting the barnroom scene from the film The Ring. It took a few weeks to complete (working whenever I could between college classes!), and even now I see things that I'd like to change when I get time. Anyways, here it is -- fresh out of Maya 5 with cleanups in PS 7.

dvd still:
http://www.rsad.edu/~mpedro/TheRing_barnroom.gif

rendered still:
http://www.rsad.edu/~mpedro/ACCESS/CG320/project2_mpedro/render_mpedro.jpg

blackSTATIK
11-20-2003, 04:52 PM
you know im liking it prime, nice work...i cant remember the original pic, but, just a small crit...maybe if you add a little bounce light under the chair and tv table...(then again, i cant remember the original pic) but AWESOME work bro! :thumbsup:

hordePrime
11-20-2003, 04:54 PM
I'll post the original as well...Totally forgot that part!!!

HenningK
11-21-2003, 09:27 AM
Thats a very intersting comparison. Yours needs darker shadows and another shadow casting light. Other trouble spots that give it away are the balls and the TV screen. Good job, almost spot-on.love,hen

phobos
11-21-2003, 11:26 AM
I took the liberty of making some chromatic adjustments in photoshop and I think that the distributed levels of the colors and the higher contrast make your rendering shine.
See for yourself
http://idisk.mac.com/dkatsafouros/Public/render_mpedroContrast.jpg

Digimatrix
11-21-2003, 11:52 AM
Honest to God, this piece gives me the chills........
Good Job!:thumbsup:

rollmops
11-21-2003, 01:16 PM
:thumbsup:
Nice job!
Good chalenge...
My critics.
The light is too hard.
You can give a dust feeling with a velvet shader.(on the bed and the chair) Lets's play more with diffuse and ambiant than with specular.
Keep on!:applause:

blinking8s
11-21-2003, 01:29 PM
Id love to see more, I just messaged you about it. Keep up the work.

MajinPunisher
11-21-2003, 09:16 PM
Wow.

This environment you've made is totally wicked.

It totally creeps me out just looking at it.

Not bad, not bad at all.

-Andy

GFX-Arts
11-22-2003, 08:29 AM
great work :) :thumbsup:

Nick Unden
11-22-2003, 09:13 AM
Oooooh, nice work! I thought that movie was totally creeping. You seemed to capture that! Nice work!

Psycholink
11-22-2003, 10:32 AM
Nice work!
Can we see wire?

Synthetic Rayne
11-22-2003, 03:28 PM
Lemme feed into that ego of yours. (:
Good job. (: Especially with the textures, cuz you know how much I don't like those and am always impressed when people do so well with them.
Hugs for all!
::HUG!:: :love:

And if I'm ever harsh on you, remember, we scare because we care. (:

alben
11-22-2003, 05:40 PM
Good Job so far.

Here are some places you might need to fix: The sitting part of the chair seems too long compared to the dvd still. And I agree with all other's suggestion on making some places of ur scene darker. Also i think you need to add a spot light or something to the back, between the rocking horse and the two sphere to make it a tad brighter because if you look at the dvd still image, you see that there is a light shining there on the floor. Keep up the good work!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.