PDA

View Full Version : rendering a wire frame?

beccabaldwin
11-20-2003, 03:56 PM
is there any way of setting up a camera to render out a wireframe? i want to do a wireframe animation, but haven't found any way of doing that.

Gatsu
11-20-2003, 04:40 PM
the simpliest way is to use ''start capture'' command from the camera icon menu' visible at the top of any viewport.

I usually render a big resolution image with open gl antialiasing activated, so you lost less image quality.
Note that ogl start capture don't save alpha channel so if you want to composite the result you need a chroma key.

Ciao

Lepo

RmachucaA
11-20-2003, 05:07 PM
or you can do it using the "toon" shader, albeit it will triangulate everything and it will look "different". I prefeer to use the start capture as previously mentioned.

theboykidney
11-20-2003, 09:34 PM
is there a way to render usingt he full renderer? not too keen on the capture myself!

Jbo123
11-20-2003, 11:26 PM
Render the sequence normally, then do a Start Capture with the same camera. Import both sets of images into the FX tree. Get a Color Correct node from the dropdown menu "Ops>Color Adjust>Color Correct" and plug the wireframe capture into it.

make another viewport an FX Viewer

Click the blue "V" to display results in the FX Viewer and open the Color Correct and click "histogram" and move the slider until the wire frame is black and the background is white.

Next, choose "ops>Compostie>Math Composite" and plug Color Correct into the first green arrow, and the rendered sequence into the second green arrow. Open the math composite node and choose "Multiply" from the dropdown and make sure the slider is at 1.

Finally, get a File Output node and plug the Math Composite into that, choose a path, hit Render, then hit Render again on the box that pops up.

and Tada. Inconvenience at it's finest.

Here's what the FX Tree should look like
http://www.vfs.com/~3d42nathan/FXtree.jpg

Stoehr
04-07-2004, 08:43 AM
Jbo123, is there any chance you could show what the render tree looked liked again? I like to know this process. Thank you.

EdHarriss
04-07-2004, 02:09 PM
Try this:
http://tinyurl.com/yv7bv

Or this:
http://tinyurl.com/24jwo

Stoehr
04-07-2004, 08:15 PM
Thanks Ed:
I tried out the bioWire shader. The instructions say to write "bioWire" in the command line after selecting an object, but this seems to do nothing.

I think it will be the most straight forward to do screen captures.

authentic
09-15-2004, 04:45 PM
I've been redirected to this post for wireframe rendering. But the links of ed just put me at the top of xsi net. I find a biowire addons but the link doesn't seem good. Does anyone have aversion of this plugs ???

JDex
09-15-2004, 09:22 PM
No need any more, in V4 under render options, Render Engine>Wireframe...

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.