PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Creature Animation Test

isaak
11-20-2003, 02:17 PM
Hi all!!,I just finished any animations test for my character,and thanks to my good friend David.R for give me some space in his server for post the following pictures and video(divx).
The firsts links are sketches,study of poses and movements,lights and finally the model 3D.The ultimate link is the ANIMATON TEST,well enjoy and send me coments and opinions!!!

Bye!!

http://www.davidr.boxesmedia.com/misfotos%20/sondrawings.jpg

http://www.davidr.boxesmedia.com/misfotos%20/lightstudy.jpg

http://www.davidr.boxesmedia.com/misfotos%20/modelson3D.jpg

http://www.davidr.boxesmedia.com/misfotos%20/testanimationson.avi

scottiedoo
11-20-2003, 02:39 PM
very nice animation tests. There are several things I like to compliment you on.

First I really like how you added secondary motion to different parts on his body. It really adds in more of the effect. Also the constant movement to show weight is really well done and acurate.

Your character is very good and simple which works very well in this case. Nice colors and interesting

Your animation is good and interesting because of his small legs and geting a tall character to walk in short steps like that is tough sometimes. Points for you.

I look forward to watching more of this animation if you are creating a short sometime in the future.

Good luck

JoeBananas
11-20-2003, 02:56 PM
Great stuff! :thumbsup:

calinmatney
11-20-2003, 03:07 PM
Thats some damned fine animation. My only suggestion would be to maybe give him a bit of breath. Since its such a big chested character I think that would really add to his life. Very well done and I agree with scottiedoo, you made him really live already with that secondary animation and constant movement.

Cheers

VerticalVertex
11-20-2003, 03:42 PM
Man he looks great. Pixar here you come. ;)

insseuv
11-20-2003, 03:56 PM
i'm a fan of Pixar and must admit u got a touch that really looks like them...
Keep it up, want to see more animation !!! :bounce:

Chong
11-20-2003, 04:33 PM
cool tests. You have some nice fluid motion in them
There are 2 things I think you could improve tho. When he stands on 1 leg, the anticipation in his torso is too much for such a small movement. Also, when he jumps on the pipe, his initial impact feels too weak. His spacing as he falls to the pipe is either to linear or it actually slows down before he hits( my player wont let me see it frame by frame). Make sure yur f-curves are steep leading into the impact and itll look cooler.

isaak
11-20-2003, 05:50 PM
Hi all!!,and thanks for all coments and critics,Im working hard for the shortfilm,I just designe backgrounds...bye!!Chong good observation.

t-toe
11-20-2003, 06:01 PM
yeah, for the most part your animation really very good. though I think you might over-exaggerate your anticipation and after-actions. just a bit. looks really good, though.

mattmos
11-20-2003, 07:34 PM
Wow. Very nice... Only thing that really caught my eye other than what's mentioned is that his arms feel too stiff in the first walk. With a determined expression like that I would expect them to be used in the walk a bit more, maybe a little more bent so as to assist with the movement.
Looking forward to the animation :)

yangmiemie
11-21-2003, 08:03 AM
good work,,,,,go on ....:applause:

isaak
11-21-2003, 02:15 PM
Hi all!!,and thanks for the coments and critics,makes me happy!!:) ,but I like more for anoting in my skeetchbook.

Isaak

BigSky
11-21-2003, 03:07 PM
Nice work. The only things that I would mention are that perhaps he is a bit too 'twinny' in the jump, i'd suggest a bit more offset across the axis. Also, perhaps there's a bit too much followthrough in him, he seems like he has very loose muscles, all of the time, instead of loose/tight/loose, etc...
And, perhaps lean him back a bit more on the slide.

Loved it all....I really did;)

inaktive
11-21-2003, 04:29 PM
awesome man.... jsut awesome!

love the secondary motion in the arms... sweet, sweet..
no crits

MSmith
11-21-2003, 07:50 PM
Wow! When I saw the images I was like eh....it's alright (almost didn't bother downloading the animation), boy am I glad I downloaded the test animation!!! It really made me want to see more or this character!

Good Job and post more animation!

:thumbsup:

isaak
11-22-2003, 12:50 PM
Thanks for all coments!!!,Im working in more new Animation test,with movements that appears at the shortfilm.

Bye,Isaak!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.