PDA

View Full Version : geForce GO 5650

breud
11-20-2003, 09:45 AM
hello, i'm on the virge of buying the dell inspiron 8600 notebook with the nVidia Geforce GO 5650 card (128mB). i'v read reviews that say it is crappy and some say it's good, as always with graphics cards.

does someone have experience with this card or have it in their notebook? i'm not much of a gamer, i use mainly MAYA and a batch of 2D graphic applications....

advice anyone?

imashination
11-20-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by breud
hello, i'm on the virge of buying the dell inspiron 8600 notebook with the nVidia Geforce GO 5650 card (128mB). i'v read reviews that say it is crappy and some say it's good, as always with graphics cards.

does someone have experience with this card or have it in their notebook? i'm not much of a gamer, i use mainly MAYA and a batch of 2D graphic applications....

advice anyone?

The 5600go is absolutely fine. The Directx9 performance is ok, but nothing amazing. Seeing as most stuff uses ogl anyway, this shouldn't really be an issue.

Skjoldbroder
11-20-2003, 02:59 PM
.. might not.

i've got an inspiron 8500 with a geforce4 4200 go - i haven't had the chance to make a comparison with a laptop using the geforce FX card, but i can recommend what I have (so i guess it follows that the FX is good too).

using maya is a breeze, and painting highres images works like a charm as well (at 512 megs of ram). in essence, it's replaced my desktop machine... it's a workhorse!

...and it runs games pretty well too :)

all the best.
/moe

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.