PDA

View Full Version : Concept: Street Car, Spirit2029 (3D)

Spirit2029
11-20-2003, 08:41 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/1994/streetcar_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/1994/streetcar.jpg)

Well folks..I think im basically done..maybey a few minor tweaks. Im renderin out a test sequence now..to make sure im happy with the final light rig and textures. So little info..this is done in xsi, all polygons with subdivision...and no final gather or global illumination..only old school lighting. Takes around 5 minutes a frame..but i;ve got close to 16 lights in the scene all with soft shadows..for a nice layerin and gradient look. These were run through photoshop quickly..only a sharpen more..and autocontrast..dosent need any more. The character is still a standin, till I finish my female character, wip soon for that too. Since the wip renders..I;ve finished up the textures and final shaders...also added inlays in the rims to tie it together better.. so now its onto finishing the competing car and animating the race sequence.

http://Darkfantasyart.com/images/random/side.jpg
http://Darkfantasyart.com/images/random/back.jpg
http://Darkfantasyart.com/images/random/top.jpg

I've been staring at it too long to try and figure out why it dosent look photoreal..and I give up. So input would be appreciated..I might just say im happy with how it looks and call it that. I will be startin another wip thread for the second car really soon..and will get the race animation up on my site when its done. anyways coments please..

Spirit2029

ps the ground texture is rough I know...look at the car!! not the ground.. =)

Bulba
11-20-2003, 09:14 AM
great work!:applause:

Xtra
11-20-2003, 09:25 AM
Yes, fantastic work! Frontpage stuff IMHO! :thumbsup:

Spirit2029
11-20-2003, 09:35 AM
thanx guys..im hoping for front page..=).. havent been there since last year this time...

spirit2029

but then again..I havent had anythin done since this time last year...

Peoples
11-20-2003, 10:48 AM
Nice to see you finally got it finished:thumbsup: Looks absolutely fantastic. I've been modelling a few cars with blueprints and that's hard enough - so I give you extra credit for the visualization and designing skills you obviously have been blessed with. Great work - you should consider a career as a car designer...

Spirit2029
11-20-2003, 11:42 AM
u know peoples u just gave me an idea...im going to prestent this car design to a few manufactureres...who knows...

Spirit2029

Stephe
11-20-2003, 12:12 PM
Try it at Mazda. They'll insert a "stunning" 120PS engine and call it "the ultimate sports car" :p (you'll have to understand ..i hate mazda)

code2633
11-20-2003, 01:00 PM
This is a really good model. I've been working on a concept car using 3Ds Max and the Brazil Rendering engine. It took a long time to get it to look photo real and the reason was the car paint material. Car paint (in those classic show room an out door type shots) is very reflective, but doesn't have linear behaviour across curved surfaces. The way you do it in max is to set a falloff for the reflection level, so that the surface becomes much more reflective as it curves away from the viewer. There are some good tutorials on www.3dm-mc.com (http://www.3dm-mc.com) .

But photo realism aside, this rocks. Love the design, lov the detail.

Can't wait to see the next one!

CODE

sabaman
11-20-2003, 01:26 PM
its not even funny how jealous i am of your texturing job,

on the model i got 2 small nitpicks, but could be personal preferance,

like, the intake at the front of the backwheel for the breakcooling, it doesnt really fit the design, and the rearlights look a bit dull, but thas just my opinion,

fantastic job nonetheless,...

Zoomie
11-20-2003, 01:33 PM
wow thats great, i love the design!!!

asylum24
11-20-2003, 01:43 PM
Hey now I love my mazda.... no sports car but I still love it. anway like I said way back when in the WIP section, gj

Jocke
11-20-2003, 02:23 PM
Amazing job, pro modeling and even moore pro texturing! The best tire textures I have ever seen:thumbsup:

Why this is not at the front page, have no idea!

cuse
11-20-2003, 02:32 PM
Looking very cool, maybe a little 360 rotation avi or something... but its got a fat ass, nice, but fat ;)

nice tyre textures,

cuse

EdHarriss
11-20-2003, 03:01 PM
Very good job Spirit. It is an excellent model. I think that the texture on the tire looks a bit too worn, but I guess that's from all the racing? :) I like the overall design. The spare tire in the hatch is a nice touch too. I can't wait to see the competing car!

dell
11-20-2003, 03:17 PM
that is a great design, it would look cool with a small air intake on the door, good work!!!!!!!!!!:applause:

cermit
11-20-2003, 03:19 PM
wow...looks amazing

sebast1an2
11-20-2003, 03:24 PM
great work! but the glass had to be more glossy.. it looks like transparent paper;-)

Wonderer
11-20-2003, 03:38 PM
Good work, great design and to improve your lighting a lil tip: try to chose a environment for bk and copy the colours to your lights, this way it will look more alive, and always put in your bk what are show in the car reflections or they will look to be painted on the car.;)

elvis75k
11-20-2003, 03:39 PM
Good work but i'll chance something...

:thumbsup:

Dangeruss
11-20-2003, 03:42 PM
Cool Car!

Some things you might think about in your quest for photorealism;

The paint seems to have a very low specular value for gloss paint. The highlights seem to be very broad.

It seems that you only have GI light(s) in the scene. Adding a target spot to enhance the specularity would help a lot.

Your shadows are very black and shadows seldom are.

Your paint material looks like it has a falloff attribute that shifts to near black as the falloff color. You might add some color to that value and keep the saturation pretty high on that color. Also try changing the falloff type to Fresnel or Perpendicular and see if that makes a difference. Right now it seems that the car is almost outlined in black where I'd expect to see highlights or reflections instead.

Nice tire textures, but the color value seems too grey (light) to me.

insseuv
11-20-2003, 03:43 PM
beautifull work !! :applause:
what about a wire ?? :bowdown:

graphiouz
11-20-2003, 03:45 PM
awesome design!
It smiles when its behind you and it makes a sad face when its in front, just the type of attitude a car should have,

great! :beer:

Solesurvivor
11-20-2003, 03:46 PM
nice work, only one crit, you used reflection maps with buildings in it, but looking at your scene , i don't think any buildings are near the car.
that off course, are just details.:)

Dangeruss
11-20-2003, 04:01 PM
Played a little bit on Photoshop. I hope you don't mind.

I brightened the image considerably and added some brighter highlights to the car. I also increased the saturation of the taillights. They still look like they're under smoked covers, but help introduce some color to the image.

http://www.dangeruss-industries.com/Supercar.jpg

wgreenlee1
11-20-2003, 04:02 PM
im lovin it!!!:buttrock:

but...the lighting is really flat,there is no real spectacular to the paint,the hdr is really screwing up the paint on the car because theres no spec to qualify the lighting so all you see is the reflection aspects of the paint,i think in a more realistic enviroment this would be awesome,its awesome now but the enviro needs work to make the model look even better

many :buttrock:'s tho!!!

@Dangeruss
you read my mind,hehe,see now the spec is showing better in the tuned image that Dangeruss has posted,thats what i think is lacking in the orig. renders

Sez
11-20-2003, 04:08 PM
Really nice job!

The modeling is awesome!
Could the shots you showed us in wire? Or with the wire added on top of the shaded car?
That would be really cool!::thumbsup: :beer:

Supervlieg
11-20-2003, 04:12 PM
great stuff, I like the design of the car. I like the sideview, it's a real forward leaning design. :thumbsup:

Jayk2k
11-20-2003, 04:21 PM
I think the labels on the side of the car are too white. They look composited on, rather than part of the image. Try dropping the white value to a very light grey, so you can see some of the highlight detail in the badges.

RPG2006
11-20-2003, 04:44 PM
Not sure if I'm confused here, but Dangerruss and Wgreenlee, he said that he didn't use any GI, just old skool lighting with spots.

The GI, would probably be part of the the solution I'm guessing.

Excellent model though, and all done with sub-d and polys. interesting. Is this sort of stuff usally produced with nurbs and splines etc?

Cheers

Russell.

Mananetwork
11-20-2003, 04:53 PM
I love that ground texture you got going ....... :D

HapZungLam
11-20-2003, 04:58 PM
it rocks baby, can i have a look at the wire?

Cararan
11-20-2003, 05:10 PM
WHoa .. looks great

Spezz
11-20-2003, 05:55 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

oxyg3n
11-20-2003, 06:09 PM
I like the car, the modelling is really good.

But I think that it needs some more specular highlights.

onlooker
11-20-2003, 06:30 PM
I love that car. :drool:

You posted a side view which leads me to my next question. Could you post a top, front, and back. (Image Plains) :)

Most modeling tutorials suck because finding good Image plains is hard, and/or the cars are not very inspiring. Well yours just rocks! :buttrock:

R-SiN
11-20-2003, 06:48 PM
:drool: Gimmie The KeYS!!!

paladin6303
11-20-2003, 06:56 PM
Have to agree on the side logos, too white.

I think someone else mentioned this too but the glass for the headlights/tail lights looks a bit dull. Maybe a lighting issue (there's a pun here, but just ignore it and it'll go away), maybe a single spot that only affects these elements?

The tail pipes also seem a but dull?

Maybe edit in some light source images in the environment map?
Kind of agree on the buildings in the map except if the car is in a display window on a city street, but then you'd see the buildings reflected on only one side of the model.

Now that the 'been looking at this too long, somethings not quite right' critique is over...

My, that's beautiful work! You can almost hear the power!
:applause:

RYGUY182
11-20-2003, 07:12 PM
Looks great, love the design, i wanna see some wires.....please!great job!!:thumbsup:

kwaiky
11-20-2003, 07:37 PM
i do a lot of work with cars in 3d... especially for games. This one is definately a work of art!
to get it more photoreal i'd try n make it less sterile and "perfect". texturing is incredible, but what about a reflection/dirt map or something to make it look less like it's from neverland.
can't wait to see more :)

Shad0W6600
11-20-2003, 07:41 PM
Nice concept with great execution. Looks like a cool car. :D

ToddD
11-20-2003, 08:29 PM
I think this is an exceptional effort! Nice design, well modeled. About the side decals, I don't agree that they are too white. I think the problem is that they are as reflective as the paint, and with the current reflection map, they look a bit splotchy, almost undersampled. My suggestion is to make them have blurred reflections, and turn down the reflectivity of the decals. If they were vinyl decals they wouldn't be nearly as reflective IMO as the paint(I could be wrong though) Anyway-- That's my take on the decals, if they were painted graphics, then they would be spot on:beer:

roguenroll
11-20-2003, 08:42 PM
very nice. if you'd like two small nitpicks, I think i would blur the reflection image, it looks nice on the hood part, but seems to be
distrubing the silver graphic on the side kinda looks like like a crumple procedural. This may just be the graphics look, but maybe what im saying (not sure)

also the tire look a little too grey, specially the back tire.

looks great though:buttrock:

dutch
11-20-2003, 09:02 PM
i want to drive this car. the tail lights look rx7ish. nice work

triad
11-20-2003, 09:28 PM
Not just the tail lights, the whole thing looks RX-7'ish. Nice though.

Spirit2029
11-20-2003, 09:38 PM
WOW...so many replies and its pluged!..thanx.

I just read through and agree with lighting problem..well more the shaders. I ll get a higher spec hit on the car..and use a more fitting reflection map. The decals are meant to be white..and they are painted on then clear coated over..so they basically match the paint. Ill De-Grey the tires a bit more too.. was wanting them to look a bit worn. Overall I think its just some fine tunning and then it'll look even better....

Thanks again everyone for the coments and suggestions..really appreciate it. Ill get a couple wireframes up later on today..as well as an updated render too. Cheers..

Spirit2029

DAVE19
11-20-2003, 09:42 PM
Sweet car. What program did u model this car in.I love to draw cars on paper but i would like to model a car on the computer. I have Lightwave 7. If you could give me an idea on how to start modeling cars I would appreciate it greatly. You should definitely pursue car design as a career.

Tad
11-20-2003, 10:19 PM
Wow I am really impressed with the design of this car.

aside from the 3d modeling/rendering,
the car as a concept itself, is actually really really good!

one of the better concept cars i've seen actually!

I really like the head/tail lights, and the rear end in general looks very nice.

the front end looks great too, although the shape of the lights
is a bit too similar to the g35 coupe,

the side takes cues from the 350z new viper, and mustangs,

but yeah, very nice overall.

Also , I believe its just your reflections that are killing the realism,
you need to play with the shader, and change the reflection image.

its reflecting something that is totally different from its current surroundings, and you can tell!

but anyways, nice work, keep it up.

UberMaximus
11-20-2003, 10:21 PM
Needs some Hdri lighting to get the nice specular background on the window reflections.....

But i think the reflections on the car paint in the first one, make it look like it was rendered with markers.... weird..

Overall, its a sick car.

:drool:

hesido
11-20-2003, 10:22 PM
Hi spirit!
Try to use a hdri map for the reflections if it is not what you are using now.. I agree with one of the comments that it makes the side of the car looks crumpled. Try to light the car in from similar points of the hdri map.
The model is superb.

jackburton
11-20-2003, 10:29 PM
Wow, this came out just completely incredible. Great job. It may not appear photo-real just yet because it's sitting by itself in a gray room. Once you get it in an environment it'll probably be fine.
I'd lose the hood pins though-the surfaces are so pretty why not leave them clean? And if it's a racecar it probably wouldn't have a rear defroster either, but that's just a nitpick. Great concept, beautiful car.:thumbsup:

pettles
11-20-2003, 10:31 PM
This is great work. Deserving of front page. Excellent design and rendering. :beer:

qu2k
11-20-2003, 10:33 PM
amazing model, but i have one problem with this; the divisions between the pannels of the car dont seem to be triple edge chamfered or they need to be spaced out a little bit. this is one thing i notice a lot on car models and really adds a lot to the realism.

also i dont really like the tail lights, but thats just personal

shadowkeeper
11-20-2003, 10:51 PM
Yikes! great model man. my last concept is a lil insect compared to this one! :eek: why I had no ideas like this one?:applause:

Blacklion
11-20-2003, 11:02 PM
Very nice spirit :thumbsup:

It's funny... earlier today i was wonderin what happed to Ole spirit.
(Your early suggestions helped me tremendously a few months ago)

cheers!

Spirit2029
11-21-2003, 12:46 AM
sorry updates wont be till tomorrow...cause im going out to celebrate tonite..=) front page deserves a few beer..lol..new stuff tomorrow though..nite

blacklion..email me an update on that character.. Spirit2029@yahoo.com

Spirit2029

mentholx
11-21-2003, 01:10 AM
It's cool enough!!!
I like it!!!
post more of the car please !!!:beer:

Ebola0001
11-21-2003, 01:13 AM
Just my thoughts...

Superb model a few flaws though... the hood pins are totally the wrong scale (if those are what those are the plates are like half an inch thick??? Also the panels meeting at the tail lights don't seem to be the same surface (not a continuous surface from one to the next like a crease but I don't think you intended that here?

Anyway some suggestion on your paint... if you can (don't know what program you are using) you need to have the reflection with a fallow modifier... paint doesn't "mirror" reflect its surroundings except at oblique angles (technically it does but the amount of light reflected is far less than the amount of light pouring off a blue like that... if it was a black then your reflections would be accurate but being an electric blue like that it would only reflect the environment noticeably at shallow angles...

And yes paint does fade to black at shallow angles also (at least metallic paint like that, flat color is different)

Its the clear coat that causes reflections and it is highly polished... at almost flat angles it is like looking at something in a mirror... perfect reflection with NO trace of what color the paint is... just reflection... this is true of ALL modern paints... unless your painting this thing with spray can flat black... but then it would be ugly... :)

Also I think the color of the tires material is to light (too gray and also has too many pits in the treats... I don't think that part of the pattern and they wouldn't photograph a car in this setting (like a studio) with worn tires unless it just came off a race then it wouldn't have perfectly shiny paint like that.

Just my thoughts... good luck and great job :)

Blackhorse
11-21-2003, 01:18 AM
amazing! I like the color as well as the car shape.:thumbsup:

Reo
11-21-2003, 01:29 AM
Well there you go chris , a front page plug.

love the car....you actually finished some thing!!!!!

well I guess now I need to work a bit more.....seeing as I've never made the front page.

see yah Reo

TuLe
11-21-2003, 01:51 AM
Oh my... :bounce:
This is the best 3d racer i've seen in a grat while my friend!
All the world congrats on that...!

The car surface is awesome, modern lines and extrem design for sure! All has been said before by others just show us some wires so we can learn from it a bit!

I just wish i could see this beauty in the new Need for Speed Underground game!

Awesome man... You rocked my 3d night! :beer:

XYA!

Stahlberg
11-21-2003, 02:16 AM
Very nice modelling, and congrats on getting it so real with old style lighting. :)

Sebast1an2 and several others had comments about the reflection in the paint, someone mentioned 'crumpled', others 'rendered with markers', 'procedural', 'undersampled'... it all comes back to the same error: since it's not HDRI, the reflection map is too low in contrast.

What happens in HDRI is that the spread from highlights to darks is increased x times compared to the normal 255 values we have to play with (which of course is more realistic).
We can fake this by bumping up the contrast on the reflection, in PS or whatever. In other words, the sky and any other lightsource (like a lamp or a reflection of the sky) has to be MUCH brighter than the buildings and trees. In fact you should almost only see 2 tones in such a city scene - white and black. Almost.

Also, as others have mentioned there should be a slight increase in reflectivity as the surface faces away from us.

Solarix
11-21-2003, 03:06 AM
that is just....awesome...

the color scheme is great, along with the texturing. great design and modelling too. Did you get some ideas from the Mazda RX8? for some reason the back just seems to...familiar.

I some ways i agree with what people have said about the reflections, but for now, since its not in a specific environment, I'd say the way you did it is...well, interesting. in a good way. :D

awesome work!:thumbsup:

~S

Franc
11-21-2003, 03:07 AM

t-man152
11-21-2003, 03:39 AM
ohh my god thats beautiful. after playing need for speed underground and then seing this I wish that car was part of the game it looks great. good job :thumbsup:

phoenix
11-21-2003, 03:39 AM
very nice ... i am impressed by the quality

hackie
11-21-2003, 03:53 AM
holy....you got plugged to the front page with not-completed car??
wow!!! i'm jealous man.
then...what will be the next?
i cant wait to see your finished car. awesome!

btw. is this your own design? i'm just curious. if this is your own concept car i will become speechless.:bowdown:

ji revolutions¢â

elnady
11-21-2003, 04:20 AM
Fantastic
:)

DoLeeP
11-21-2003, 04:29 AM
ur work is rocks
congratulation on frontpage

TriEye
11-21-2003, 05:52 AM
Very nice job. Love the paint.

yangmiemie
11-21-2003, 06:20 AM
nice work

ower
11-21-2003, 06:27 AM
Very nice work.. tho I'd say if someone took that much time to "rice" out a car.. the Spare tire wouldn't be there ;)

LIGHTYEAR
11-21-2003, 10:01 AM
Dood, respect is due, front page well deserved, excellant job.

But (you did ask for crits) I have spotted a couple of things I think you could improve. These are only visible from certain angles, at the apex of the curve on the windscreen, side and rear windows the sub-division could be increased to make it smoother:
http://www.swayplc.com/sway/CGI/curve.jpg

just one of those little things which stops the eye thinking it's real.

Don't you just love it when you spend so much time producing something like this and it gets prodded and poked by the like of us. Seriously though mate I'm impressed, it's inspired me to get on with mine, which I've spent what seems like forever doing (will post when finished).

Well done.

rrobert
11-21-2003, 10:34 AM
Yep, this is also really AMAZING. When will this stop. When will people never see the difference between realism and computergraphics anymore? I wonder.

NICE! :D

Nuro
11-21-2003, 11:43 AM
amazing Work ,

Doblé Robota :beer:

apex
11-21-2003, 11:58 AM
Nothing to nit-pick, this is just a top quality concept/modeling job IMHO. Fantastic design :thumbsup:

kenrem

Spirit2029
11-21-2003, 12:30 PM
wow soo many replies...Thank you all!
I will have updated renders up sometime today..as well as wires.
You have all given me a re-newed sense of will to work hard on my stuff...thanks I needed that motivation.

Spirit2029

GFX-Arts
11-21-2003, 12:33 PM
really great work :)

Tylerb59
11-21-2003, 10:43 PM
Very cool, love the shaders.

PatrickTTLui
11-22-2003, 12:09 AM
Hey Chris? Remember me? I went to school with you. Nice car man! I never knew you were into this kind of stuff.

It looks really good.

I think it reminds me of my brothers 1992 celica all trac turbo. but a futuristic version.

oh..another thing I wanted to add is, slam the car to the ground a little more!

Unless its a rally car? :)

great work.

DeathGoth
11-22-2003, 01:40 AM
By Kevin
Very nice, detailed work. The hood pins at the front need some work (or ARE they hood pins?), door handles are alittle sketchy, and lose the aluminum wing (sorry aluminum wings are ghey)..
i also think the fender needs some work.. but damn thats nice tho

Now My crit.. not to forgiving as his is...

ok 1st of the textures on the wheels look crappy you should either try modeling the wheels and figuring a better way of making the wheels.... I have a tutorial for wheels on my site but the site is going thru renovations now so it wont be up for a while...
I think the lighting was good and I agree with Lightyear on his comment... and maybe add the brakelights on and headlights also.. see how that looks...

anyway it is a good car that is why I am criting...

Sqwall
11-22-2003, 04:33 PM
Very nice i love the concept. You have mixed two of my favorite cars and made up one pretty well looking. ;) I love your materials and mapping. Very cool image man. Nicely done. :bounce:

trz66
11-22-2003, 08:43 PM
i think the tires are one reason it doesn't look photoreal. can't say exactly what it is, but the top picture, the tires look fake, might be the texture and/or the lighting. look at lots of photo reference to see exactly how that should look. might be the material, they look too light and kind of like little rubber tires on a model or something.

other than that it looks great.

also, if this car has been through a few races or even some testing, it will have plenty of little scratches, scrapes, even tiny dents from small stones/pebbles flying up on the track. mainly on the front.

once again, look at close-up photos of race cars.

t-man152
11-22-2003, 09:58 PM
something that would make it look even cooler would be neon lights underneeth the car. that would make it look even hotter than it already is and its already pretty hot.

SideShow
11-23-2003, 01:43 AM
When I first saw this, my eyes became big, very big !

Just awesome, magnificant, such a great model, so sporty

aaah so goooood :bowdown: :buttrock:

ps: I'm waiting for some wires too :D

aynimatory65
11-24-2003, 06:21 AM
cool!

Tilstrom
11-24-2003, 12:13 PM
Great design, excellent work. :thumbsup:

Emmortal1
11-25-2003, 03:00 AM
Maybe this has been answered, but you said you didn't use GI or HDRI or anything, but why is there reflections of buildings, trees, etc in the car? Looks like they are reflections off an HDRI image to me since those objects are not visible in the scene.

If it's been answered, nevermind, didn't read 5 pages of posts.

Emmortal

Spirit2029
11-25-2003, 06:48 AM
hey emmortal1 good eye..but its only a hdri reflection map..its not casting any light rays. I used it only cause its nice and clear for to show the reflections..but it is getting changed..as well a few other things.

Okay folks sorry for the delay..update very soon..I re-worked the shaders...and used most of your idea's..cheers!

Spirit2029

Emmortal1
11-27-2003, 03:23 AM
Ahh I see now :) The modeling and conceptual appeal of the car is very good. The curves of the lines flow very nicely with the car, not like many of the "concept" cars I see lately. I can tell a lot of thought and design process was put into this before hand, it shows. You can always tell when someone does not use preproduction and when someone does. Good work and keep it up, take care.

Emmortal

s-rajesh78
11-27-2003, 04:01 AM
This is one of the best car 3d model i've ever seen, i really appreciate the design, it looks great for me thumbs up for u

nilslerin
11-28-2003, 09:40 PM
I've been staring at this thread for three days non-stop. Where's the update? :eek:

Spirit2029
11-28-2003, 10:25 PM
sorry for the delay on the update...been busy..I will have something up tonite...prolly start a wip thread for the race between the 2 cars...but ill link it from here too..

Spirit2029

Spirit2029
11-29-2003, 07:15 AM
okay started a new wip thread...so you can all see the progress of the street race project as it goes.. http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=987393#post987393

theres also some updates on this car in there...cheers

Spirit2029

motusheng
11-29-2003, 07:56 AM
Really nice!!cool...:applause:

l3d_davi
12-01-2003, 12:55 AM
coll cool coooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll rely cool :)

Spirit2029
12-01-2003, 01:38 AM
thanx guys..I will be updating the wip thread from here out..so leave your coments there...thanx again

Spirit2029

raen419
12-02-2003, 07:04 AM
That's freakin' beautiful. Looks like a compilation of a 3rd gen Rx-7, MKIV Supra, G35, and maybe a little bit of the Peugout 206 (however ya spell that). Not sure why it doesn't look photo realistic, but who cares, it's awesome!!! :beer: :bowdown: :drool:

Reo
01-28-2004, 06:42 PM
!!!Chris you slacker!!!

...get the second car done all ready!

and post those wires, you know any more slacking on your part will result in your losing your XSI Demi God status.

I do like the first car a whole lot and I noticed the cage was a bit low rez around the windows too.

lets see the car in black. and make me a desktop damn it!

alright im out ..........later ................Reo

rsjrv99
01-29-2004, 02:36 AM
WICKED!:applause: :bowdown: :thumbsup: :bounce:

crossman
10-02-2004, 01:19 PM
what did you use to design that car ?
what program ?
can you let me know ?
thanks mate !
looks sweet :thumbsup:

Gremlin
10-13-2004, 12:29 PM
what did you use to design that car ?
what program ?
can you let me know ?
thanks mate !
looks sweet :thumbsup:*sigh* I quote from his first post...
"So little info..this is done in xsi, all polygons with subdivision...and no final gather or global illumination..only old school lighting."
perchance, read his posts before asking questions? :wise:

lucky man
11-28-2004, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=dell]that is a great design, it would look cool with a small air intake on the door, good work!:applause. I,ve just joined cgtalk en your car has been tha first master piece i've seen.i agree with this fella en five thumbs up.i'll be seeking tips from you.keep on keepin' on.

Novice_for_now!
02-24-2005, 12:12 AM
Superb design, looks amazing! Maybe if u made the texture a little more reflective it would look sleeker?
Just a thought........
Flawless though, very jealous!

Gaara_06
03-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Nice design the color is good to great job almost looks real.

blueglitchman
06-25-2005, 07:11 AM
hoping to see an update soon ;)

Neejoh
07-02-2005, 03:58 PM
One hell of a car! Really looks cool!

CGTalk Moderation
07-02-2005, 03:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.