PDA

View Full Version : Animatio: Bounce.

finchy
11-20-2003, 06:08 AM
Hey there, this is a quick animation i did for a Uni project about a year ago, it was a simple animation to show interaction between two characters, there is more stuff on the web site but half of it is down beacause i'm currently updating to a new domain and server. Thanks for any comments!!

http://www.finchanimations.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Bounce.htm
On the web page either click on the download button or right click the download link to save target as..;)

scottiedoo
11-20-2003, 01:32 PM
your animation is nice but I have a lot of little things I would tweak out. I know it says you did this a year ago so I figure you already know alot of stuff to improve on but here is some of my observations.

Your character most of the time is just standing upright perfectly. This makes the character very symetrical and boring. Try rotating the hips and bending a leg or something to shift the weight to one side.

When I watched your animation I kept focusing on the hands. The lacked movement and distracted me. It felt that they were locked into one location so try moving the fingers just a little and move the hand. Other parts of your body move really fast and stop sharply, so maybe some follow through by going past the stoping point and then going back.

The walk is needs a little work as well.

Some secondary motion in his, I guess it is his hair, would make it more interesting to add in the extra detail.

Some of the ball movements are kinda strange. It looks solid but when it moves it feels really light and thin.

I really like your character and I am sure you probably already know some of these things to improve upon so I wish you luck and like to see more of your work in the future.

Thanks

finchy
11-20-2003, 06:57 PM
Thanks Scottiedoo, yeah i totaly agree with you! i need to practice secondary motion. i have to keep telling my self its the little movements that make the diffrence! thanks for the C&C anyone else have any????:shrug:

The_Magician
11-21-2003, 12:11 AM
haha, that was pretty cool.

But I must agree, its all the small things that make the difference between an animated character, and a beleiveable character.

It looks like the whole time you didn't animate the hips except for when he was turning. then when he walks off to the left to follow the ball, he looks off balance, his hips needed to be further forward.
Then when the character is just standing there, his leg posistioning helps a big way to make him look a little more relaxed.

And then when he runs from the balls, Arch the back more, and push his arms straight out in front of him.

hehe, picky picky me. I did like it though, WD :thumbsup:

:surprised: <--- hehehe, he looks funny.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.