PDA

View Full Version : Stand alone RAM Player.....?

JayCMiller
11-20-2003, 03:48 AM
I was wondering if there is a Stand-alone RAM player avalable? so that I don't have to open a program to view my animations latter on.

Thought it would be handy.

quinox
11-20-2003, 07:25 AM
like... Bink Video (http://www.radgametools.com/)?

The RAD Video Tools can even compile Bink or Smacker files into EXE files for self-running stand-alone videos (the player is bundled into the EXE file, so the user doesn't need to download anything else!)

stephen2002
11-21-2003, 02:04 PM
RAM as in Real Media or RAM as in system memory?

If it is the first then no, you have to download Real's bloatware player. You shouldn't encode to that format anyway. If the second then what for?

Otherwise yes BINK is the only format that I know of that has a way to distrubte your video as a .exe so that it you don't need a player.

TRick
11-21-2003, 02:46 PM
And if you are too lazy to make video files from your queued stills there is Framecycler (http://www.iridas.com/framecycler/) .... Perfect for evaluation purposes...

MCronin
11-21-2003, 03:19 PM
I think he's asking about a free app like framecycler guys.

The best rcommendation I can make in this case is Houdini Apprentice, it's free. You don't need to learn to use the software or anything. I'm recommending it because it includes a standalone RAM player called Mplay. It's a tiny application and despite being free software, Mplay has no limitations except for a tiny water mark in the lower right corner. You can load sequences of whatever size and resolution you want.

It's got a ton of useful features. You can view any channel independently, compares images, use guides and rulers, test gamma/brightness/contrasr adjustments, sample pixels, playback frames at various speeds and resolutions... It should be able to do everything you need and it won't cost a dime. You can even save from it, but you'll be limited to an output of 640x480 and the image will get watermarked. As an uncompressed frame player though, it's excellent.

www.sidefx.com

JayCMiller
11-22-2003, 12:13 PM
thanks for the replys all:)

Just what I was looking for, I didn't even think about looking into an .exe exporter, thats great.

thanks for the info, I'll check them out.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.