PDA

View Full Version : 3d Book_The Rains Game

quazee
11-20-2003, 03:24 AM
Hello All...

This is a children's book I did in 3d a couple of years ago while I was in school.

I wanted to try and get it published but never gathered enough confidence to do it...

I would really appreciate it if anyone knew of any good children's book publishers that might be intersted in this kind of work.

Comments are welcome...

Hope you Enjoy...

Here it is____ The Rains Game book... (http://www.quazee.com/Rains_Game/The_Rains_Game_by_Emy%20Craciunescu.pdf)

Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.

http://www.quazee.com/Rains_Game/Page21.jpg

phoenix
11-20-2003, 03:59 AM
nice work..

but
i dont agree with composition

charithmax
11-20-2003, 06:37 AM
good work!:thumbsup:

but i think the texturing and lighting has to be adjusted. and u should match the character to the background.

go on man:thumbsup:

RedSilas
11-20-2003, 06:45 AM
yes, the lighting needs work as do the models. I'm not sure that the style your using would sell... keep the story and maybe explore some other style options. :lightbulb

GFX-Arts
11-20-2003, 06:47 AM
Nice :)

quazee
11-20-2003, 09:06 PM
Thanks for all the kind words...

I agree that the lighting is a bit off, I have improved my lighting skills ten fold since doing this book...

Akildee
11-21-2003, 01:35 AM
Emy,
it's akil man. glad to see you're posting in this forum. I'd love to see an adjusted version of this pic. what's been going on with you post ccs?

akil@mylifedesign.com

CritterCre8r
11-21-2003, 03:26 AM
I like the glow effects of the characters. It does get a little washed out, though. I would like to see some of your newer work posted here. As far as kids book material. I think it may be a little scary. It feels like I am way above the ground looking down. Great concept, though.

quazee
11-21-2003, 04:54 PM
CritterCre8r

Thanks for the kind words...
Go to my websites to see some more of my other work...

Akil...
Whats up man?
How are things?
Ive been just working, working and trying to find more work...
What have u been up to post CCS?
Give me a call...Its on my site...

quazee
11-21-2003, 04:57 PM
CritterCre8r

Any more comments on the Story???

I agree that the look needs to be smoothed out...Re-lit and Yaa its a little scary but just look at waht kids have been watching lately...

SpongeBOB is a scary thing also Ren and Stimpy...far scarier than my stuff...
I'd like to scare kids a bit more...
They like a good scare once in a while...

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.