PDA

View Full Version : camera mapping from multiple cameras

barbapapa
03-21-2012, 01:44 AM
Hi im looking how to map a set of pics on a single geometry, for image based modeling, and for some shot extension. I came across this post http://www.softimageblog.com/archives/225
But the link doesent seem to work, and i dont really think the addon would work on 64 bits.
Does anybody know how to implement something like in the post, or if these tools are anywhere to be found. If not, any ideas or workarounds?

Thanks!

bravmm
03-26-2012, 09:28 AM
Hi,

you could setting up multiple camera's for this, basically the same way as the page explains, but without the plugin.

If you're on subscription, have a look at ImageModeler. I still use it to calibrate the camera's from the images taken, set up a basic geo, and move it all over to Softimage for detailed modeling.
Best thing is that you can export/import the model back into ImageModeler for additional texture stuff etc.

It's not the answer you're looking for, but it might help ;)

CGTalk Moderation
03-26-2012, 09:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.