PDA

View Full Version : [Need Help] Volumetric Spot Light for Maya VRay

Shanku
03-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Hey guys,

I'm working on something right now that requires me to do volumetric spot lights on a set.
We're currently using VRay and I'm totally scratching my head (hopefully not balding anytime soon) on this one.

I know that spotlight with light fog works fine with Maya Software and MR, but it doesn't work with VRay. Unfortunately, it was requested that I use VRay. Now, I've tried attaching VRay Environmental Fog and Simple Fog onto the LightFog attribute but it's a no-go.

I'm stumped. So, hopefully someone out there can lend me a head. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

-kČ

CHRiTTeR
03-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Could you share the reason why the vrayenviromentfog is a no-go?

Shanku
03-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Hmm, I plugged it into the LightFog Attribute, but when I rendered it it didn't show anything other than the standard spotlight hitting the ground, there was no fog rendered.

Now, I might have done something wrong perhaps? I left the VRay Environmental Fog at default so that I can tweak it after I see what it does from the result of the render, but it didn't show anything at all.

CHRiTTeR
03-21-2012, 05:13 PM
ah, cant you there im a maxuser

Shanku
03-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Great. Um, thanks.
Wonder if there is anyone else who knows if this can be done.

LowJacK
03-22-2012, 04:30 AM
I don't know if it will work with V-Ray as I'm not experienced with but have you tried the parti_volume method that works well for mental ray?

CGTalk Moderation
03-22-2012, 04:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.