PDA

View Full Version : Microscope: life on head!

Bulba
11-19-2003, 08:41 PM
This is what you can fin on a head!!!!
Please, write me some critiques!!!!!!:wavey:
http://picserver.student.utwente.nl/getpicture.php?id=501648

Heaven871
11-19-2003, 09:53 PM
Hmm, this is a hard one.

I don't really like it, but I am sure you can enhance it a lot. Although I can not tell what is wrong with it, but I try.

First of all the "thing" looks like on another layer, maybe it should cast a shadow, too, like the hairs. If it allready does, better place the front legs behind "hills".

There is totally no contrast is this picture, the "thing" melts with the background, I don't like that.

Your camera angle is also very .. not good. Place the camera higher, closer to the bug, and at a steeper (not lower, I am not sure if my english is correct) angle. Then you don't see so far and you don't have to put this falloff to black in.

Maybe even some more saturation of the bug might help, dunno, test it.

Hope I wasn't to hard, better then no reply I hope.
I am sure you can improve this bug a lot.

Garma
11-19-2003, 10:07 PM
those spikes, are these hairs? In that case it's certainly not miscroscopic, you should use normal lighting and shading instead. If not, what are they? Atoms and molecules don't look like that and then the animal doesn't fit in :hmm:

a little more info please :)

gueedo
11-20-2003, 12:40 AM
I think it's supposed to have the look of an electron microscope. The bug is probably a flea of some kind. I really like the texturing on the hair and the head surface.

Meaty
11-20-2003, 02:47 AM
i guess it could be a dust mite... although if it is a mite, doesnt it need 8 legs? Those things are really small.

my suggestions would be to make the bug a little smaller in compairison to the hairs, and frame it a bit better in the picture.

Gueedo, Vienna, VA! My home town!! I live on the west side of rt.123 off of Lawyer's rd.!

phoenix
11-20-2003, 03:00 AM
good work

gueedo
11-20-2003, 03:01 AM
Really? WOw....Small world.....I live off of Vale Road over by St. Marks Catholic Church if u know where that is. Right between Vienna and Oakton

mta3d
11-20-2003, 04:53 AM
the bug isnt very clear, it doesnt stand out much... and the skin surface does look too rough...

i agree the lighting needs work, but under hair there probably isnt much light... a hard one to get right!

if you continue with it post an update =)

charithmax
11-20-2003, 05:22 AM
nice image i like it!:thumbsup:

i think u should use a realistic material for this. use a raytrace material with bit of translucency.

well go on man!:thumbsup:

Meaty
11-20-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by gueedo
Really? WOw....Small world.....I live off of Vale Road over by St. Marks Catholic Church

yeah... i am very familiar with the area, i used to go to sunday school at St. Marks when i was a kid, LOL. Small world indeed.

Plays_4_Pants
11-21-2003, 02:56 AM
I can taste the low - res everything on this. Although it's got potential to be quality (although as cliche as can be) it's low res techniques and textures make it seem extremely outdated. Your minimal lighting also makes that effect apparent:cry:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.