PDA

View Full Version : Camera Links on The Shelf

LoveFest
03-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Is there a CTRL + Shift way to put all your custom cameras on the shelf for quick selections? I tried the basic CTRL+Shift method but nothing shows up in either the Script Editor or Shelf when I click on a camera from a pull down menu.

UPDATE: Figured out a cludgy way: Open the Script ED, Select your camera in the Outliner and choose "Look through Selected". Add that to the Shelf. Then select your cam in the Outliner and hit your button. Not totally satisfactory: I still have to select the cam, instead of it being just a single button click.

Nyro
03-17-2012, 12:40 AM
why not add the line "select <cameraName>" to the shelf command?

stallion151
03-17-2012, 01:13 AM
you can also drag your camera from the outliner into the viewport to look through selected.

LoveFest
03-17-2012, 03:48 AM
why not add the line "select <cameraName>" to the shelf command?
It's already there using my method:
lookThroughModelPanelClipped camera2_Shot2_group modelPanel3 0.001 100000;

you can also drag your camera from the outliner into the viewport to look through selected.
Sounds the same as clicking on the name. Clicking was faster for between dragging into the window than just clicking on it.

Nyro
03-17-2012, 10:10 AM
lookThru camera1;

Replace "camera1" with your camera (transform) names. This will change the camera in the active view.

popol
03-18-2012, 07:27 PM
you can right-click on the camera icon above your viewport (under the view menu) and you'll get a quick access to your cam or you can do something like that (i'm not good at coding sorry if there is some mistake :sad: )

(python)

import maya.cmds as cmds
cameraSelect = cmds.ls (sl=True)
cmds.lookThru (cameraSelect)

CGTalk Moderation
03-18-2012, 07:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.