PDA

View Full Version : AO large pass through MR problem?

Dan Wade
11-19-2003, 08:05 PM
has anyone had any problems using dirtmap/AO shaders on scenes in Maya through Mental Ray. I was planning on using it as a pass on a project im working on now. It works fine for simple scenes, but as soon as a chuck it on everything in a larger scenes, i just get errors reported from Mental Ray. I carnt even find what the true problem is. Ive tried deleting the objects one at a time to see if its anything to do with the amount of objects in the scene, but even when i get down to one simple object....it still wont render.

I have originaly been using dirtmap on Softimage XSI, and had no problems with larger scenes.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Dan.

lazzhar
11-19-2003, 09:14 PM
I've tryed this scene without any problem. I count it as a big scene for my computer:
http://lazzhar.arabcg.com/workstalk/images/alghouse.jpg
Here is a wire:
http://lazzhar.arabcg.com/oldimages/alg_wire.gif

Dan Wade
11-20-2003, 08:21 AM
I dont think its the scene size now. Does anyone know if dirtmap has problems with certain types of geometry in Maya?

Cheers,
Dan.

Saturn
11-20-2003, 10:00 AM
what s kind of problems you got ?
Does MR report something ?
How do you apply dirtmap in maya ?
Can you render your scene without dirmap ?

Dan Wade
11-20-2003, 11:36 AM
Some of the normal scenes dont even render through MR either.
I got the following error message:

"MayatoMR: internal exception error during scene rendering"
"MayatoMR: internal exception error during scene cleanup"

The actualy dirtmap shader has been working fine through Maya...so im thinking its more of an error to do with MR.

Dan.

Saturn
11-20-2003, 11:48 AM
try to export your scene in mi2 files
then render it from command line.

lazzhar
11-20-2003, 04:25 PM
When I got this kind of message I go ahead to the hypershade and apply: Edit|Delete unused nodes. It saved me when MR doesnt render scenes.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.