PDA

View Full Version : Importing DWG files - help

SiggiTrust
03-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Hi everyone. Hope I'm in the right place to inquire about this.
Thing is I've got my first paid job. I'm to model a house from DWG (Auto CAD) drawings. I've got two files from the architect, one in 1:100 and another in 1:500 (that one I dont really understand). now I think I can model just fine, but importing the DWG is the problem.

When I import the 1:100, the drawings all appear in my viewport, lying on z 0.0. I guess I need to get the top views in the top viewport and front in front viewport etc but with such drawings I'm not sure how that works. They come in as splines which is correct I think. The main problem is with the measurements. How is it best to get it into 3ds Max in the right measurements. I believe the architect worked in millimeters. But well, anyone familiar with this kind og work?

ramissin
10-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Just rescale it to your system units when you import it, I love the way this guy/gal says TreeDisMax :)

Importing AutoCAD to Max (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbO6oLz_g7A)

Edit: hmm I just noticed you asked 7 months ago, maybe you got it figured already ;)

CGTalk Moderation
10-27-2012, 02:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.