PDA

View Full Version : Northern and Central California

mayastro
03-16-2012, 06:55 AM
Hey guys, I am getting my AA in art at my local junior college and getting some general ed stuff out of the way so that I can transfer and get a BA in animation. So I am trying to figure out where I want to transfer to. I want to learn and practice all the basics of 2d animation, but 3d animation is what I'm most passionate about.

The only thing is that I'm in Sacramento, and I am not really willing to go to the LA area for school for several reasons, but I am wondering if anyone has majored in animation in Northern/Central CA if you could just tell me about your experience; likes, dislikes, pros, cons, etc...

My goal is to eventually get a job at Pixar either as an animator, modeler, shader, lighter, or pretty much anything. I actually enjoy every aspect of the animation process. So what I am looking for in a school is as follows:
-accredited
-great atmosphere
-teachers that are available after class
-good computers/programs/resources for animation
-classes on story telling
-classes dealing with drawing and painting
-classes for 2D animation (more focused on traditional animation)
-classes for 3D animation / I want in depth knowledge of:
modeling
texturing
shading
lighting
rigging
animation

basically I just want to be a jack of all trades when it comes to 3D, but I still want the knowledge base and experience with 2D animation.

Any good recommendations?
Much Appreciated!

CGTalk Moderation
03-16-2012, 06:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.