PDA

View Full Version : Edge Ring Select does not work for me

cyclinggimpe
03-16-2012, 05:44 AM
I cannot seem to get the Edge Ring Select to work. In fact I cannot get any of these loop selects to work using the hotkeys. I checked the preferences to see if I am using the correct keys and I am.

For Edge Ring Select, it is set to use Mouse, Ctrl + Alt+ Select Mouse. I switched my mouse select to left mouse. So, in edge mode I tried to collect an edge first, place the mouse cursor over the next edge and then hit Ctrl + Alt + Select the next edge with left mouse button. Nothing happens. I then try to hit Ctrl + Alt + Select an edge before selecting an edge first to see if this would work; and it did not work.

Does anyone know what would cause a keyboard hotkey not to work if you use the combo that is in the preferences? I am using the default preferences except for a couple hotkeys I added. But, others are using these same hotkeys and have no issues.

I even set blender to use the factory settings and I still cannot get this to work. What am I doing wrong? What are the steps to use the edge ring select?

I am using Blender 2.62.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Never mind. I had a corrupt user preference profile.

CGTalk Moderation
03-16-2012, 05:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.