View Full Version : Photoshop Face painting
11-19-2003, 10:56 AM
I've been searching high and low for beard stubble photoshop tutorials, has anyone come across anything to create this effect or can suggest a method?
11-19-2003, 12:21 PM
I would consider making a custom brush. I was a make-up artist for many years and what we used to use was called a stipple sponge.Loading color to the sponge, then tapping it over the area where the beard stubble was to be gave the desired effect. By creating a custom brush, you should be able to achieve the same effect.(Remember to build up the effect with a few semi-transparent layers).
11-19-2003, 01:28 PM
orangefisk has a head wip somewhere on this forum where he describes how he made his beard stubble. Can't find the thread, but I had saved a text file of the steps previously. I think this was directly from his thread:
1. Create a new layer
2. Take a soft brush and paint the area where you want the beard to be with black(this will later be your mask)
3. Make another layer
4. Select two grey tones, the one darker than the other as foreground and background colours
5. Use the render > clouds filter
6. Shift select the previous layer (mask layer) - and apply the mask to your cloud layer
7. Add a pretty strong monocronic noise filter to this layer - and tadaa you got the beard...
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.