PDA

View Full Version : Specific # of joints on a curve - brainstroming help

PozestStar
03-10-2012, 06:22 PM
I really need help brainstorming, and I hope y'all can help me. I want to put a certain number of joints on a curve. I know if a curve has 10 cv's and I want 10 joints, I can put a joint/cluster on each one and be done but what happens if I want to have 7 joints, or 4? Does anyone have any ideas on how to have them evenly spaced along a curve, especially if I always want a joint at the beginning and end of the curve?

I know it's a broad question, but I can't figure this problem out. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

NaughtyNathan
03-10-2012, 08:39 PM
There are several approaches you could use, but probably the simplest is to just use the rebuild curve function/command to recreate a new curve with the number of joint sections that you want. You can keep the original curve of course if you need it, and it will drive the new one via history. youy can then just apply a joint per CV as you did previously.

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2012, 08:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.