PDA

View Full Version : Houdini Fur

gregjenings
03-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Hi Guys,
I am new to Houdini and it's procedural Fur system and most of often I found that being procedural, it is bit restricted in terms of artistic and creativity wise.
I am facing following issues with Houdini's Fur system as of now, please help me out how I can resolve these issues.

1)First as I cannot style guide curves according to my requirement procedurally ,Is there any tool which would help me style,Something similar to shave and hair option where I can style each guide curve .
2) How I can implement curves generated in other software e.g. in Maya and use those curves in houdini as my guide curves for styling.
3)I am also facing some issues with Houdini's bend option present in Fur menu.
a) When I paint bend some Fur moves in other direction irrespective of that fact whether I have reflection On or Off.
b)Also when I change some brush properties guide curves moves unexpectedly they should be remain stable to the last setting unless I paint them.
c)Bend brush works in a very annoying and unpredictable fashion and doesn't provide any control of direction .
d)I would also like to know how i can save hair and hair shader presets and use them .
So please advise me how I can achieve the desired result with or without the present options available in Houdini.

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2012, 09:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.