PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Helium coders: Get an array of selected nodes....

DaveWortley
03-09-2012, 12:50 PM
I know Helium is used by quite a few people on in-house tools and things like Naiad for Max, Magmaflow for Krakatoa etc... so someone must have come across this problem and a solution....

I can't seem to find a way to get an array of the selected nodes? I just want to be able to know the IDs of the selected nodes so I can do a primitive copy/paste function for more than one node at a time.

Anyone solved this issue? Bobo, Bercon? ;) ?

Best Regards

Dave

DaveWortley
03-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Ok turns out I misinterpreted .isselected so this works..

Thanks Kees

for i=1 to FXSchematic.getNodeCount do
(
FXSchematic.activeNode = i
if FXSchematic.isSelected then
... )

splinterD
03-09-2012, 08:26 PM
anybody knows of good helium tuts or examples beyond the help file ?
or should i just wait for cortex ?

DaveWortley
03-10-2012, 12:42 AM
Helium is great, there is loads of example documentation and you can downloading something like Bercon's SME to see some practical information on how to use it.

One thing I would say is that in the help file it talks about using the HeliumController to store the node information with the file, this is broken and buggy, you need to learn to write your own storage procedure but this isn't too difficult to adapt the basic saving and loading example in the sample files.

It's a very very powerful plugin to use! You can make your own tools which do hundreds of things that Cortex won't do if you put your mind to it.

Shame I can't really show what I'm up to :(

splinterD
03-11-2012, 11:43 AM
" there is loads of example documentation"
any chance you can point me in the right direction to finding them ?

DaveWortley
03-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Go to your max install folder....
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max xxxx\Scripts\Helium\Code

Load up the Init script and right click, add nodes and see what properties you can change, then you can look at the code behind these functions and that's pretty much it.

The main difficulty comes when you've made the interface which has all the options and connections you want, but storing this with your custom values and then actually translating the node-framework into some useful bit of script is where it starts to get complicated and you won't find any tutorials.

splinterD
03-12-2012, 05:49 PM
ok thanks man , appreciated

CGTalk Moderation
03-12-2012, 05:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.