PDA

View Full Version : HDTV Video Render seems to be squished from the sides.

sumchans
03-09-2012, 02:38 AM
Hi all,

I have a small problem here, dont know whether it is a setting that i am missing here. I have uploaded two images:
1. Render of a single frame from Max.
2. Render of a frame from a video that was rendered in Max.

For some reason i see the image of a frame from the video to be squished from both sides, but the render of a single frame is perfect amd thats exactly the way i want the video to be.

Tried the settings on the Render Setup window like
1. Changed the setting to HDTV Video
2. Resolution 1920 * 1080

Thanks in advance for the contd support

Sumesh

Neuro69
03-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Hmm, is the problem perhaps in the presentation rather than the rendering? HDTV (1920x1080) uses square pixels, and must be viewed/presented in a 16:9 format. Some combinations of video players, screens and formats will sometimes present movies with an incorrect aspect ratio. If you use the HDTV preset, the resulting video should be in the correct aspect ratio... are you sure you're rendered still is correct? Image aspect ratio should be 1.777 and pixel aspect ratio 1.0.

sumchans
03-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Yes everything is as mentioned. Wht should i do to get the actual result?

Thanks Neuro69

Kameleon
03-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Sorry to bother but this does not seem Maxscript related, so you should go to the 3dsmax general forum where I bet you will have alot more answers.

BTW you didnt attached any images so it's kind of hard to see what you're talking about.

sumchans
03-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Hi Kameleon,

After sometime while positing, i realized that this was not the right place to post. For some reason my login took me exactly to the posting page, i just dint check anything, just started posting right away.

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2012, 08:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.