PDA

View Full Version : Rejection question

Ognyan
03-09-2012, 01:53 AM
Hi, my work was rejected from the 3D stills gallery and I read some similar threads but my concern is that the panel of people who approve entries might have considered it fake or plagarism because of the painterly look I was going for and the fact that it is based on a real painting which I described when I submitted it. The original was used only as inspiration and the scene was recreated in 3D from scratch. It is completely finished and I believe I did meet the technical requirements. There was no way of providing wireframes and screengrabs from Zbrush as I couldn't make it to the first post.

This is the work I am talking about http://www.zbrushcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?2-ZBrush-Main-Forum

Sorry for posting a link to another forum but I don't have a website of my own at the moment.

Thank you for your help!

Ognyan

P.S. I do reealize that there is also the possibility that the panel of people simply didn't like it so, please don't take my questions in the wrong way :)

ThE_JacO
03-13-2012, 05:50 AM
The main forum link isn't the best way to tell us which work you refer to :)
From frequenting zbcentral occasionally and your avatar I assume it's the Cardinal's painting repro?

I agree it's a great craftmanship piece, and a good display of patience and attention to detail, if you're talking about that. It is a bit lacking on the surfacing aspect when you compare it to the modelling, which penalises it considerably as an art study/repro kind of piece.

Mistakes have happened in the past btw, and/or occasionally pure studies with not a lot of creative input bump into the subset of the panel that's more driven towards populating the gallery with original content and gets an unlucky roll of the dice. Nothing that a little bit more love on the surfacing/shading and post side and a resub wouldn't fix though if it was that.

Do you have it in your portfolio and could you provide a more direct link? I'll be happy to see if it can be flagged for someone's attention.

Ognyan
03-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Hi ThE_JacO,

Thanks a lot for the kind words and sorry for the wrong link I provided (there goes the attention to detail remark) :)
I was refering to the same piece you mentioned. I Don't have it in my CG portfolio as there were some issues with uploading images to it in the past few days. You can see it here however http://ozahariev.blogspot.com/
And this is the thread that I was trying to show. There are some additional images in there http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?167028-Cardinal-de-Richelieu-portrait

I completely agree about the amount of original work in the gallery and it's a great path you've taken. In this particular piece the only thing that I had to kind of improvise was the chair as the one in the painting was purposely loosly painted. It was good fun though :)

I did some polishing during the weekend and I will try to resubmit it.
Thanks a lot for you kind response and help :)

Cheers,
Ognyan

CGTalk Moderation
03-13-2012, 10:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.