PDA

View Full Version : nParticle crap

johnnymr75
03-09-2012, 12:50 AM
hoping someone might have a solution to this issue. i have nParticles emitted from an emitte, i want to make them blobs, so i'm using the water particle and liquid sim ticked on. now y is it that when i change the radius of the particles the behaive differently???? self collision is turned off.
currently i like everything abt my particles i just want to make them bigger without effecting the sim.

mandark1011
03-09-2012, 01:46 AM
if thats the case cache it at the current size then affect your scale afterwards.

Duncan
03-09-2012, 08:46 PM
If you want both collisions with surfaces AND self repulsion of particles to be unaffected by scaling up the radius then lower the collideWidthScale by the same factor (if you made the radius double then half the collideWidthScale). If you want object collisions to respect the greater width, but not self repulsion then lower the liquidRadiusScale instead of the collideWidthScale.

Also note that if you convert the particles to a mesh then you can use the blobby radius scale instead of radius to scale up the radius used for meshing.

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2012, 08:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.