PDA

View Full Version : SkyShader Azimuth

BigSky
11-19-2003, 06:07 AM
Here's one:

Can anyone tell me how azimuth and elevation are parametized in Maya?

The reason that I want to know is that I want to connect the U&V position of a light on a surface sphere with the position of the sun on the shader. So here's the network:

SkySphereShape.worldSpace[0]>closestPointOnSurface. inputSurface

Light.translate>closestPointOnSurface.inPosition

now the closestPointOnSurface returns a U&V co-ordinate which denotes where my light is across the surface , 2 floats with a min of 0, max of 1(because they are linked to the surface:p ), so I'm almost there, but, the numbers for azimuth and elevation are meaningful outside of (0,1)....so I want to know what constant I have to multiply by to make the movement of my scene light link up with the shader sun....

Anyone?

brubin
11-20-2003, 06:49 PM
Environment Sky Attributes

Elevation

The angle (in degrees) of elevation of the sun relative to the floor. The valid range is -90 to 90. The slider range is 0 (sunrise/sunset) to 90 (midday). The default value is 45.

Azimuth

The angle (in degrees) of the sun in the sky about a vertical vector. The valid range is 0 to 360. The slider range is 0 to 360. The default value is 145.

this is actually from the manuals, so i'm a liiiiittle reluctant to actually post this... is this what you meant, or did you have something else in mind?

HIH
s.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.