PDA

View Full Version : Need 3D modeller/animator for original fighting game

ioquan
11-19-2003, 04:36 AM
Hi,

We are looking for one or two 3D character modellers/animators to work on an original fighting game.

The team currently consists of myself: lead programmer, and a friend of mine: programmer/martial arts expert/general purpose guy. Our core team will be complete with the addition of one or two modellers/animators.

The programming for the game is already underway, and the engine uses huge chunks of code from previous engines of mine.

The game is being developed for Win32 and Unix with OpenGL. The ultimate goal is to get a publisher, and then port it to console systems.

Models will likely be done in Maya, but other modelling programs may be workable as well. The polygon counts will probably be about 3000 to 4000 polys for characters. We will need at least two animated skeletons with as many as 50+ animations each. For each skeleton, we will need at least 3 character models, totaling 6.

Why you should choose this project over another:

-You get the opportunity to work with two talented programmers who are highly competent in 3D graphics and games technology, and have a proven track record of productivity.

-The game genre requires a relatively light work load as compared to other genres, making it less likely to become vaporware, and giving it a decent chance at being published commercially.

-Help to make a fun game that people will want to play. We have a lot of good ideas that will set this game apart from other fighting games and keep players coming back.

What we want from you:

-Ability to make great looking models and animations

-Ability to complete models within a reasonable time frame.

If you are interested please contact me at logicarts2003@yahoo.com . Or if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here

ioquan
11-24-2003, 05:28 AM
Hey folks, dont be shy. This is a serious project, being developed by competent individuals, unlike many of the other projects out there. We have the skills and dedication necessary to complete this project, but we cant do it without you.

Email me or respond here if you want to know more.

mastermesh
11-26-2003, 05:54 PM
but I'm not a total pro. I can model fairly well in Lightwave, trueSpace, and have a lot of other programs besides that on my computer (mainly learning editions and stuff from magazine cd covers) but will only probably be using Lightwave 7.5c/trueSpace 5.1 /Motion Builder 5/photoShop 5 LE since those are commercial products. I don't have a LOT of free time, but may be able to work on something with you if it's low poly game quality stuff that you are looking for. I'm still not a total pro with Motion Builder and am having a little trouble getting it to work with LW, but I know that it's only a matter of time before it becomes as easy as snapping my fingers... :beer: email me thomann_jeff@hotmail.com - if that bounces (which it should not, but it could since I save lots of stuff on that account so that I can access it anywhere in the world) try mastermesh@mchsi.com or thomann_jeff@mchsi.com

ioquan
11-28-2003, 08:20 PM
Hey. Thanks for your reply. I just sent you an email.

We still need more people, so if anyone else is interested, dont hesitate to send me a message

dynafx
11-29-2003, 05:58 AM
i'm interested, though i'm pro, i'll still wanna get into this,i work in MAYA, and i can model and animate, my email is gokulsfx@hotmail.com, expecting a mail

Xinoz0r
12-04-2003, 08:23 AM
Hi @ Ioquan.
I work in alias|wavefrontę maya5.0.
I've been modelling for about 16 month...
Animation isn't my strongest side, but i know how to...

But i got this question....

Is it a 24 hours "job" or???

email: xino@gamersplanet.dk
messenger: paranoidxino@hotmail.com
mIRC: #J2X @ irc.Quakenet.org

//J2X @ Xinoz0r - Jimmie Laursen

mark_battista
12-04-2003, 11:31 PM
Hi I'm currently looking for something to boost my portfolio whilst im actively seeking a job. Take a look at my webby and if your interested send me a mail, i'll see what i can do. It's been a while since i've done anything solid and a lot of my work is pretty old on there, I desparetely need something to get me back into this and this could be just it, so if you like what you see send me a mail. I use Max and I'm confident at modelling, I've touched on skeletons but theyve caused me a few probs in the past, Im dedicated and I suppose I could do with the practice. If this turns out to be a viable and interesting role I promise I'll throw my 100 percent into it

Kind regards
Mark Battista

www.markbattista.cjb.net

ioquan
12-11-2003, 07:34 AM
Hey guys. I haven't checked this thread for a few days so I havent seen your posts. I will email both of you guys. Also, we have been having meetings on IRC on Wednesdays at 10 pm central time, server mclean.va.us.undernet.org, channel #fighting_game. If anyone wants to stop by any Wednesday, feel free.

Iysun
12-15-2003, 07:42 PM
i might be interested as well, Are there any concept sketched that we model from? or make our own?

just curious as to what type of characters are gonna be in the game?

thanks

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.