PDA

View Full Version : unable to paint some section of surface (flat geo)

Saurus
03-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Hi,

I am painting a wall, but when using a small paint brush I am not able to paint the lower section of the walls. If I paint from top to bottom, the paint would apply until I reach half way then no paint would apply. The only way to paint the lower walls is to make a big brush big enough that it will reach the bottom walls. Even with this big brush, it only works if I paint from the top section of the walls.

I played with Falloff Based on Facing Angle settings, shut it off and on, but still no go. The geo is pretty basic...box.

I am using linux version Mudbox 2012.

Thanks in advance.

oglu
03-06-2012, 07:44 PM
open up the subd optionbox and set the smooth position to off...
the optionbox is the little icon behind "add new subdivision level" under the mesh menue...
after that subdivide your mesh two times...

now you should be able to paint those areas...
this should not affect yout uvs cause mud isnt smoothing the uvs by default...

Saurus
03-06-2012, 08:44 PM
open up the subd optionbox and set the smooth position to off...
the optionbox is the little icon behind "add new subdivision level" under the mesh menue...
after that subdivide your mesh two times...

now you should be able to paint those areas...
this should not affect yout uvs cause mud isnt smoothing the uvs by default...

Thanks for that tip. I actually found the problem. The current update for mudbox 2012 had the issue. I went back to previous version and now it works fine. But I had issue before where small sections aren't paintable and your tip might solve those issues.

Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2012, 08:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.