PDA

View Full Version : A few questions regarding Native IBL

Sully
03-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Hi, I have recently started using some of the new mentalray 3.9 features within Maya 2012 and have few questions:

1. What indirect illumination workflow are people are using with the new Native IBL solution? I have been testing with FG but this considerably slows the render down in most cases.. Im sure this is because of my FG settings which I need to test and find the best solution.

2. Has anyone managed to get Native IBL working with Distributed rendering (satellite rendering)?

3. Ive found most of the new Mentalray 3.9 render features make maya crash when using them in conjunction with IPR mode. Are there any known work arounds to get this working? Or a definative list of render global settings/scene settings I should be using to get each features working without issue? i.e for Native ibl, progressive rendering, unified sampling, iray etc...I have found a few decent threads on Mentalimages forum but there are no real definative solutions (only a few people who have rendomly got it working without issue)..

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2012, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.