PDA

View Full Version : Who makes money selling models????

john8williams
03-06-2012, 04:50 AM
is anyone making good money selling their stuff at the on line sites??????????

Meloncov
03-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Not many people make a living that way, but it's a nice little boost, especially if you're making the model anyways.

ConduciveMammal
09-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Not sure if it counts but I've made a grand total of $2.00 on my Lego piece model on TurboSquid haha.

From what I've seen on the website, there's really not a lot of business in 3D models since they're not exactly original and not always top quality.

culturebloc
09-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Its very difficult to make a living providing stock material, whether this be photo's, video or models/materials. If you are prolific, work to a high quality, provide options, a decent price and anticipate the kind of things possible clients might want, you stand a better chance.

No point in modelling a high rez Yoda and selling it for $200 for example.

Veneficus
02-12-2013, 08:42 AM
I have been looking for someone who can make fairly low detail human models for 3D printing on a project im working on but am not finding anyone who can do it a) at a reasonable price and b) anyone who will reply to emails.

Work is out there.... im sure the artists are too if you can find them.

AJ1
02-21-2013, 01:21 AM
Single mom makes $94/hr from home on computer! Last month her paycheck was $8504! Click on the link www.malwarevirus.com (http://www.malwarevirus.com) to get started right away!

In all seriousness, its really hard to try to make a living with this stuff nowadays. sites like ifreelance.com used to be a decent way to find the odd freelance gig, but its now overrun with $7/hr students. I can't say much for turbosquid, but it seems to follow the same arc as the iOS apps. Like the first guy that got his thing uploaded made a killing, but everyone after that made pennies.

-AJ

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2013, 01:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.