PDA

View Full Version : krakatoa hair rendering problem

A-sam6
03-04-2012, 10:29 AM
hey bobo
well i have problem in renderin in krakatoa
well i am using the new feature in the new krakatoa krakatoa hair
i am rendering a hair cut i made with the hair and fur on a face of a character and when i render it and save it as a png or tga the back facing of the hair appears in the compositing
and i know that krakatoa particle engine only
so what is the solution for that to make hair rendered by karakatoa and character rendered by Vray

JohnnyRandom
03-04-2012, 07:57 PM
You need to include matte objects (http://www.thinkboxsoftware.com/krak-matte-objects-and-shadows) when rendering in Krakatoa if you want to exlcude non-visible particles.

With Krakatao MX 2.0 you can use the Krakatmospheric (http://www.thinkboxsoftware.com/krak-using-atmospheric-effect) Atmospheric effect to render directly in Vray.

Bobo
03-05-2012, 01:42 AM
With Krakatoa MX 2.0 you can use the Krakatmospheric (http://www.thinkboxsoftware.com/krak-using-atmospheric-effect) Atmospheric effect to render directly in Vray.

...but I would not suggest rendering hair particles as Krakatoa atmospheric effect, it won't look nearly as nice. Although it could be useful to get the hair to show in VRay reflections.

A-sam6
03-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Thnx JohnnyRandom i will try it

bobo krakatoa hair rendering is more faster than rendering hair and fur with Vray i guess and the Vray fur is very bad ........and what i need is animated hair so what is the best way to do it ?

A-sam6
03-05-2012, 07:10 PM
thats not working what shall i do ????

A-sam6
03-06-2012, 08:07 PM
helllooooooo

JohnnyRandom
03-06-2012, 09:23 PM
thats not working what shall i do ????

LOL, I could think of a lot of things that you should/could do :) I will list a few that you can use for all problems that you may have to help people help you.

The first would be to post your non-working example file.

The second would be to briefly study the link I posted.

The third would be to look at the sample file that I made for you ;)

The fourth always list what version of Max/Krakatoa/OS you are using. The are often a lot of changes made between versions of Krakatoa.

The fifth is if you don't do the first, you have already done the second, and the third is no help, then help by providing as much issue specific information as you can.

A-sam6
03-07-2012, 12:26 PM
loooooooooooooool
well thanks alot JohnnyRandom :D and i am sorry i didnt know that all and i didnt realize the links u post before because i am new here so i still dont know how to deal with the posts

sorry again :) and i will be more smart than that next time :) and i will study every thing u gave it to me and i will show u the result as soon as possible

thanks alot :)

JohnnyRandom
03-07-2012, 10:03 PM
No problem, it took me years to figure out those steps :D and I still forget on occasion.

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2012, 10:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.