PDA

View Full Version : still: Some Granny's teapot

Serial Killer
11-18-2003, 08:21 PM
Here are the images I hope you like them
Softare used Painter 7 Photoshop Studio Max 5 (Brazil)

http://www.iespana.es/SerialKiller/Teapot.jpg

mta3d
11-20-2003, 05:19 AM
i think it looks realistic however it's a very bright scene, as though it's near a window at noon. maybe a gobo effect on the main light could help, so its obvious its near a window. also it needs a shadow =)

charithmax
11-20-2003, 05:29 AM
really nice!:thumbsup:

i like the texturing, but i think u should add some soft shadows, also if u use a bit of volume light it would look more realistic.

go on man:thumbsup:

bigbad
11-20-2003, 05:52 AM
The paint job is awesome. The materiall/shader is nice too.

But the weak shadow make it look like its levitating.

Bulba
11-20-2003, 08:21 AM
the texturing is great!!!:bowdown: :bowdown:

Serial Killer
11-21-2003, 04:10 PM
http://www.iespana.es/SerialKiller/Teapot2.jpg
This my first render which I like more actually I based on an image and try to replycate the illumination, and that image hasn't shadows at all, I think that the ilumination behind it should shast it away
http://www.iespana.es/SerialKiller/15.jpg
This is tha original photo

GFX-Arts
11-22-2003, 08:03 AM
Nice :)

countessZanne
11-22-2003, 08:28 AM
I find it interesting how the photograph *almost* looks like it's floating too. What I did notice, however, is that in the photo, there is a slight reflection back onto the table which is more prominent near the base of the teapot, grounding it. I wonder what would happen if you brought the brighter light into the front of your teapot, instead of the back, and added in that radiosity and reflection. It might be worth a shot.

Nice teapot though - looks real and I like the textures. :)

Colin de bink
11-22-2003, 10:11 AM
hi
your teapot looks very nice by it self
very real indeed :thumbsup:
but your pot really doesn't fit whit the rest of the image.
on the photo you can see a tiny stripe of shadow and also the white of the pot is reflected on to the wood.
I think you need to do that also to make your image better

Sqwall
11-22-2003, 10:18 AM
Sweet :p The last version is the best.

Serial Killer
11-24-2003, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the comments, Is truth that the teapot look liike it's floating and I realize that but I though it was fine and leave it that way now I'm thinkking in make a more pronunced one, about the reflection, well I don't think the wood I use could reflect anithing since it is old, but I think that as an illumination exercice it was fine, I use brazil for the render, but also a some omni lights with the ambient only turned on and some other very very soft lichts tracing shadows, the GI and the HDR image as reflection map, took me a day to set up the illumination, any way thanks and I'll try the new shadows but in a smallest resolution, the original is twice the size and took about 12hrs to render:D

See ya.

DigitalOmega
11-24-2003, 05:19 PM
hey, i didnt know u were in this forum, its good to have some mexicans here! well about your image, when i saw it in metacube i cant remember about the photo.. but now that i can see it, i can say that u can really get closer to the original photo, if you are using brazil, try to use photons or something to simulate the bouncing of the light in the floor, it can be done, and could look great.. ok, good luck, and if you have some time, drop me a comment on my alienware challenge entry.. i want to know what do you think about my images..

Serial Killer
11-28-2003, 08:13 PM
Sure I will man.
About the replies thanks for all the coments I'm glad you like the image I don't think I will get time to render it again with shadows (more) since I think i got to go back and model some stuff for a game and also want to model a rag doll, mexican rag doll :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.