PDA

View Full Version : Messiah Purchase

ajmotley
11-18-2003, 08:00 PM
I am very interested in purchasing Messiah before the end of the week. However I would like to know exactly how to use it with C4D. I looked up on the web and saw the file that needs to be installed, but I still could not find any info on how/where to install it and once installed how to use it. I have downloaded the demo, but don't see the hooks there either.
Can someone clear this up for me? Also how is the tech-support for Messiah, I couldn't find a phone number to call. Is there help only through things like this forum and e-mail?

Thanks in advance for the help.:beer:

dfaris
11-18-2003, 08:06 PM
Hey ajmotley

I use messiah with C4D and the plugin is easy. Its just like any other plugin for C4D you just copy the messiah plugin folder into the C4D plugin folder. Then when you want to send a model to messiah for animating you just assign a tag to that model.

Then when you are done boning and animating in messiah it will show up in C4D.

ajmotley
11-18-2003, 08:20 PM
Hey dfaris,
thanks for the fast response. I missed the plugin folder in the Messiah download. I will give it a shot. Do you have any input on the tech support question? Thanks again.

fwtep
11-18-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by ajmotley
Hey dfaris,
thanks for the fast response. I missed the plugin folder in the Messiah download. I will give it a shot. Do you have any input on the tech support question? Thanks again.
Tech support is here, the mailing list, IRC, and smoke signals (though we had a lot of interference with that in the past few weeks).

As for C4D, there's information in the docs about how to set it up. Look in General Info-->Using messiah with 3rd party.

Fred

dfaris
11-18-2003, 08:29 PM
tech support is fantastic, I would tell you to join in on the irc chat there are always people in there talking and the guys from PMG stop in and help people out also. In the past it took them a long time to fix stuff but I think thats because they were working on the API also. That is done now and they are pretty good about tracking down a problem and fixing it.

ajmotley
11-18-2003, 08:33 PM
Cool, I'm sold. Thanks guys for the help.

dfaris
11-18-2003, 08:41 PM
NP if you have more questions fwtep is one of the PMG guys I'm sure he will answer them for you.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.