PDA

View Full Version : quadruped characters


iC4
11-18-2003, 07:25 PM
hey there!

I wanna look into messiah, but before I start I'd like to know if you can "autorig" quadruped characters.

I watched the video on the homepage showing some automatic rigging stuff on a human and that worked really really good - so does this also work with 4 legged animals?

fwtep
11-18-2003, 07:45 PM
There's much more on the way for AutoRig. Right now it doesn't do quadrupeds.

Fred

tjnyc
11-18-2003, 07:46 PM
I'm sure it is coming (wink, wink, hint, hint). But even without it right now, creating a rig for a 4-ped isn't going to be cumbersome in Messiah at all. I would download the demo and try out some online tutorials and create a rig for a 4-ped. I think you can also refer to some example scenes with a fully rigged dog that comes with Messiah.

RonGriswold
11-18-2003, 08:27 PM
Quadrapeds will be comming for autorig soon...

PauHana
05-23-2004, 08:13 AM
Any news on autorig updates? Namely "quadrapeds"?

Thanks...

chikega
05-23-2004, 03:32 PM
I'd be interested in any information concerning the next release ... any crumbs of info would be greatly appreciated. :)

lmilton
05-24-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by chikega
I'd be interested in any information concerning the next release ... any crumbs of info would be greatly appreciated. :)

While we've been focusing mostly on the renderer, we didn't exactly abandon animate:D Rather than focusing on adding new wiz bang features, we decided to focus on that which is most important; the new version is focused on improving the overall workflow and user experience. Not so good for marketing (in terms of creating buzzwords), but very good for the users;) So, a feature list won't be all that useful, you really need to use it. Fortunately, you won't have to wait too much longer.

-lyle

ps: I'll check with Ron about AutoRig.

chikega
05-24-2004, 08:40 PM
Thanks Lyle for the update! I'm sure workflow is what's on most people's minds. It's the little things that count.

Speaking of quadrapeds, I'm going to attempt to rig this in messiah. :)

http://www.3ddmd.com/images/Silo/Strider.jpg

lmilton
05-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by chikega
Thanks Lyle for the update! I'm sure workflow is what's on most people's minds. It's the little things that count.

Speaking of quadrapeds, I'm going to attempt to rig this in messiah. :)

http://www.3ddmd.com/images/Silo/Strider.jpg

Cool model, can you show the front view?

I'll keep my eye open for the rig/animation:D

-lyle

chikega
05-24-2004, 09:10 PM
I participated in the Speed Modeling Session (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143281&perpage=15&pagenumber=2): Topic: Quadrupeds - I had a more interesting "quadruped" entry as well. ;)

Visit the Silo Forum for my two quadraped entries:

http://www.silo3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1125
http://www.silo3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1132

PauHana
05-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the update Lyle. It's great to hear that Animate hasn't been abandoned and that the focus is on workflow. I know it won't happen, but I'd be in heaven if the FCurve/Dope Sheet window could be on my second monitor.

GCL
05-25-2004, 01:48 AM
$64 question. Bought animate 4 couple months ago and ready to hear if upgrade will be free. Maybe ?

lmilton
05-25-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by chikega
I participated in the Speed Modeling Session (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143281&perpage=15&pagenumber=2): Topic: Quadrupeds - I had a more interesting "quadruped" entry as well. ;)

Visit the Silo Forum for my two quadraped entries:

http://www.silo3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1125
http://www.silo3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1132

I like the first "quadruped". Very funny:D

-lyle

lmilton
05-25-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by PauHana
Thanks for the update Lyle. It's great to hear that Animate hasn't been abandoned and that the focus is on workflow. I know it won't happen, but I'd be in heaven if the FCurve/Dope Sheet window could be on my second monitor.

Well, it can't happen for *this* release;) When we do implement that feature, we must make sure it receives careful focus and attention. To the point, we don't want to rush it just to get it in the next release. However, it is on the List:D

-lyle

chikega
05-26-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by lmilton
I like the first "quadruped". Very funny:D

-lyle

What the heck, I'll post my "quadruped" here as well - so, everyone will know what we're talking about. Do you think Ron's autorig can handle this four footed beast? :
http://www.3ddmd.com/images/Silo/quadraped.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.