PDA

View Full Version : character: X-Men(Cyclops)

kunal
11-18-2003, 04:30 PM
Cyclops character fron X-Men I modelled and animated in 3ds Max. The character design is based upon the new X-Men evolution comics and animated series. My primary focus was to get on with animating, so I chose to hang on with fairly simple modelling and texturing. I hope I've got a little close to that design.
Want to hear comments from friends.(:scream: Tell me I can improve)

Too bad for my low bandwidth site.I'm editing this post to remove the animation link(My agony).Hope to get it fixed soon and images to appear. I can't even access my site I recently uploaded.
I'm so sorry.

My main site is down so Providing links to the images on a free page.Click on buttons Link1,2 and 3 after reaching the link.

http://www.geocities.com/yogesh_dhiman_ji/index.html

kunal
11-18-2003, 04:32 PM
Here is the image

another one with flares.

Unable to fix original destination, I'm giving links to another free space.Click link1,2 and 3 buttons on the main page to view images.Cope with this little effort until I get my site fixed.

http://www.geocities.com/yogesh_dhiman_ji/index.html

JoeBananas
11-18-2003, 04:37 PM
Looks good to me, like the wrinkles on the costume. Nice touch. The only thing I would say is that his legs look a little short. Other than that, looks nice and cartoony

LowJacK
11-18-2003, 08:39 PM
I think he looks great. He would be a blast to animate. I love the style that you continued from the reference. Can't wait to see some animation on him.

mopelie
11-18-2003, 09:17 PM
Very clean and simple. Wrinkles in the clothing is a nice touch. I love the style you went with. My next character project is aimed to resemble this type of technique. Great job.

stucco

DoctorStopMo
11-18-2003, 09:28 PM
Great job :).

charithmax
11-19-2003, 02:15 AM
really nice, good work!:thumbsup:

but i dont like the laser beam effect. i think u should remove that noice kind of a texture from it and apply some other effect or texture which looks techy.

well go on man!:thumbsup:

kameswaran
11-19-2003, 02:23 AM
nice work:bounce:
can u post a wire of the model.
same here i did not like laser beam effects

shashhh
11-19-2003, 08:00 AM
can not open the link.....and images also are not appearing....

xcvbnm
11-19-2003, 08:24 AM
I saw the pics last night, today they are gone.
The model is great, :applause:
The laser looks like fire, guess you are just playing around.
keep posting ...:)
Psan

Pillboxx
11-19-2003, 08:57 AM
Little bandwidth overload problem it looks like. Can't wait to see this. I hope you get the problem fixed soon.

GFX-Arts
11-19-2003, 11:28 AM
I dont see any Pic/image

smoke
11-19-2003, 03:05 PM
Excellent style:beer:
Really like the comic-book feel in a 'realistic' character
You'd better do some animations:p

kunal
11-19-2003, 04:38 PM
Everybody thanks very much for your comments and sorry again for blank images. The link is up again but I have to remove animation link due to bandwidth problems(so at least you can see the images). Those who are eager can put extra effort by visiting my site to see it please. If problem persists again I'll have to look for other space( free web hosting help is required).
The beam I did was with somekind of plasma material or flames( as I saw in the comics), not just a simple beam.
May be not that good but ...til' I find a good alternative bother it.

agreenster
11-19-2003, 05:22 PM
Maybe a bit more musculature in the thighs and abs, but then again maybe you are going for a slightly less over-the-top muscle look. Also, the top of the pecs (top, middle) are a bit unrealistic, and not correct. The bottom of the neck indentation should meet the chest, not be seperate. Maybe this will help... http://www.tomvenuto.com/images/pecs.jpg

Also, the mouth and nose areas need work. The lips are too thin and are "pasted on" with no sense of how the nose and lips and cheekbones fit together.

Texture on the boot is superb. Paint-weights and joint deformation are right on! Cant wait to see some animation!

Manuel G.
11-19-2003, 05:37 PM
i like the style

GFX-Arts
11-19-2003, 06:15 PM
nice work - i see the Pictures now ;)

jdsb
11-19-2003, 08:01 PM
looks great ,kunal.
very nice work
:thumbsup:

Manwich
11-19-2003, 09:48 PM
Just a thought but what age were you thinking of?
Obviously in the X-Men evolution comics and cartoon cyclops is a young man ~18yrs but your model kinda has him ~25yrs.
Would the anim possibly be following after evo?

Manwich

7hour
11-19-2003, 10:15 PM
i think is ok , but u should put more details on it :p

DrEvils
11-20-2003, 03:24 PM
Anyone else not seeing the pics? Sounds cool I'll keep checking back...

MajinPunisher
11-21-2003, 08:21 PM
This Cyclops is actually pretty fun.

I enjoy the simple, cartoon style you gave him.

I'd like to see other X-Men/Marvel characters that you could do.

How about.... The Punisher?

Keep me posted.

-Andy

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.