PDA

View Full Version : Finished animation short ready for feedback!

wormyworm
11-18-2003, 03:45 PM
Hey everyone,
I just finished this "Speeding" animation and would like a few feedbacks on it.

http://69.56.255.82/~wormsgam/SpeedingFinal2.avi

It took me about 3 days to complete and I used Divx to render it out.

Thanks

mwkmn
11-19-2003, 02:25 AM
lol this guy must've been seriously pissed off ;)

This clip surely is a good one, but there isn't much to comment on. (Since I'm no animation expert ;))
Good job!

MonkeyJunk2003
11-19-2003, 05:48 AM
Dude excellent! Funny thing is there is this dude that just graduated from the college I attend that animated an alien with that same monolouge. Nice smooth movement, he's lacking on exaggerated emotion or facial expressions but i'm thinking you were pretty limited without eyebrows. All together dude it looks great!

---------------------------------------

Visit ARTOMIKE.COM (http://www.artomike.com)

calinmatney
11-19-2003, 06:52 AM
It needs a lot more facial animation. The slight brow movements are simply not enough and the mouth looks like it simply opens and closes (although after a closer look I saw that that wasn't true, its still how it looks). "Squash and Stretch" and "Exageration" are your friends. Even if I had not seen Jim Cary do this monolog I would still say it needs more exageration, but having seen Jim Cary do it, I say it needs much much more.

Since you don't really have eyebrows you could focus on the mouth. Get wider in some of the expressions and if you can, simply manipulate his sockets a bit to give the illusion of eyebrows.

As for his body motion, I like the ending but it gets a little fast in the beginning and middle. I know he's talking really fast but you may want to cut out one motion to give room for more anticipation for the rest of them. At first glance you simply don't get half of the motions he does untill its over.

Still for 3 days its pretty damned good, these are simply coments that I think would make it better if you plan on taking it any further.

CTM

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.