PDA

View Full Version : Procedural Texture and custome shaders

kovalo
02-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Hi, i'm from Mexico, i've been looking new ways to make my own procedural textures in Maya, also i want to find a way to program my own shaders but i don't know where to start...if someone could help me by telling me where can i start i would be very grateful! I've been learning some of CGFX shaders but i belive that is for "real-time" i mean like...videogames....the problem is that i want to use it for film or render.....
For example: i want to make a "Blinn" but i don't want all the extra attributes....i only want those that i'll be using. Also i want to know about customizable subsurface-scattering....My goal it's to make all my materials and texturing procedural, does someone knows anything that can help me? Sorry for my english...

littledevil
02-27-2012, 06:48 PM
this would be a good starting point :

http://books.google.de/books?id=F4t-5zSsqr4C&printsec=frontcover&dq=procedural+approach&hl=de&sa=X&ei=3dpLT4rUFIfAtAab8dCUBQ&ved=0CDIQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=procedural%20approach&f=false

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2012, 06:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.